Ilkay Gündogan

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1660539191237672960?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

4 Likes

Big plans.

Has twitter broken the workaround already?

Could it be we’ll have to start posting transfer rumours from actual sources?

:gabriel:

1 Like

Gundogan?!
Yes please!!

2 Likes

At 32 I think this ship has sailed. We will get max 1 or 2 seasons out of him.

2 Likes

Might just be enough for a trophy or two…

1 Like

Dunno, he certainly isn’t the one we should focus on. Rather have Rice if West Ham come back down to earth and their senses regarding the fee

He’s still easily better than any of our midfielders.

He’s absolutey class, I’d LOVE to have him here, even if we’re getting only one proper season out of him… I’m usually for younger players, but our midfield is so dry and thin atm, lacking both quality and quantity. We need one or two younger players but also a more experienced one, no need to go only for U23 players.
Getting a guy like Gundogan as one of those experienced players would be a massive addition.

Although, I really doubt Gundogan himself will be pushing for this move out of respect for the City fans, after all the years there.
You gotta try at least. :arteta4:

4 Likes

We’ll be in for both, surely

Yeah this sounds like “in addition to” rather than “instead of…”. I’ve got no problem adding a 32-year old experienced winner to an already quite young team.

2 Likes

Would be a meltdown if a free signing, as good as he is, is our only midfield signing this summer. We are spending big in that area, on top of going for someone like Gundogan.

and just mere days ago, people were getting smoked on here for suggesting we should go after Gundogan. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

He’s far superior to all of our midfield options. Yes, he’s 32; but honestly 32 is the new 28 in EPL with modern sports medicine.

Hopefully we can get this over the line in addition to Rice & Caicedo.

2 Likes

Would love this, its perfect of us, but with City and Barca offering him deals I cant see him choosing us

The age Fabien Delph retired at

But most importantly, Gundogan been performing very well this season.

1 Like

32 isn’t that old unless you have a history of injuries. Which I think Delph had recently.

I know it’s quite a bit out of City’s hands now but I just can’t believe they’d allow this easily. Yes fucking please!!! Lol

1 Like

These cunts still owe us for Toure, Adebayor, Nasri, Clichy and Sagna…

I’ll never live it down, we should raid them when we get the chance :smiling_imp:

EDIT: They’re gonna need all the money in the world to fight their upcoming legal battles. Wouldn’t mind tossing them a few £m here and there, especially if its wasted when they lose and get relegated! :fire:

1 Like

Would love him here as long as its not instead of another major midfield signing (and at least 2 midfield signings in total).

2 Likes

Get Big Per and Ozil tapping him up.

1 Like

If Partey and Xhaka are both sold then obviously we’ll need at least two midfielders just to replace them.
So because it’s unlikely that we’ll get both Rice and Caicedo then Gundagon might be a cheaper alternative and have Jorginho as cover.

It’s not ideal but Rice and Gundagon in our midfield would be an upgrade and better than what we’ve seen in recent games.

1 Like