If you were Arsenal manager

I’d get sacked after 10 games and take my £3m severance pay

3 Likes
5 Likes

4-4-2/4-3-3 hybrid, hard working gegenpressing (not because it’s in style thanks to Liverpool’s dominance–everyone knows I’m more of a have 99% possession if you can kinda guy in an ideal world–but because I think it’s what suits our current personnel best) composed of:

4-4-2 of

B-S-L-T
Nelson/Martinelli-Ceballos-Xhaka/Guendouzi/Torreira-Saka
Auba-Laca

or 4-3-3 of

B-S-L-T
3 of Xhaka, Guen, Torreira, Ceballos (Ceballos would always be picked if fit), Willock
Martinelli-Auba-Saka

What makes you think you would last ten games ?

1 Like

We need stable cover in midfield we can’t rely on our lazy players to track back from an attacking position.
3 in defence
2 in sweeper in front of defence
3 in midfield
2 up front

5 in defence and 5 in attack

Leno

Bellenderin chamberpot Holdinghispiece Kocksuckeranic

Gingganggoolies Spanish-onions Twateira

Peepee allbummeryoungbum martininelly

Is this English ?

Holding Luiz Sokratis

Bellerin  Torreira/Xhaka       Ceballos/Guen   Tierney

Pepe      Auba     Saka/Nelson

Would prefer a 4-3-3 but I don’t think our current midfielders are suited for it. And we lack someone to play the 10 in a 4-2-3-1 (Ozil is shit and doesn’t count).

1 Like

--------------------Leno------------------
Bellerin—Papa—Luiz—Tierney
Geundouzi-----Dani-----Torreira
----------Pepe--------------Özil/Gabi
----------------------Auba---------------

4-5-1. I like Auba isolated up top as the lone striker with Özil and Pepe feeding him. Sadly I’m losing a lot of faith in Pepe coming good. Every day I feel like we wasted 70m on him. This lineup would be unplayable if we had an Alexis Sanchez type in his prime for that role.

Torreira and Guen sitting deep would help us control midfield with Dani carrying the ball. Issue is I haven’t been overly impressed with Dani’s passing range but I think he’d be miles better than Willock in that role. Think of all the space Willock has had to operate the last few games and done zero with it. Our midfield currently with Xhaka sitting deep is catastrophic because he has zero ability to beat the press. And the fact we can’t beat said press only invites teams to heap continual pressure. Fuck me I miss the days Santi would just toy with ppl and they’d basically say “okay fuck this we are expending too much energy” and just give up about 15 - 20 minutes in to the match :joy::joy: Guendouzi is also slippery at twisting and turning his way out of pressure, and is at least Xhaka’s equal in regards passing ability. Torreira to be the slightly more skilled Coq role, just win possession and recycle to Guen or Dani.

Finally the defense. I honestly don’t think they’ve been all that bad, with exception to Bellerin he’s fucking atrocious and I’m on the verge of choosing Chambers over him but pick ur own poison at RB. For me the midfield has been responsible far more than the defense.

Leno

Bellerin              Holding            Chambers          Tierney

Torreira

Guendouzi              Ceballos

Pepe                  Auba                Martinelli

Much better pressing with this formation which will relieve Torreira a lot as he is fairly expossed. Also I think he’d be in his element in this so have a lot more faith in him dealing with anything that comes his way than Xhaka in any formation.

And we should be much better going forward than with this stupid narrow diamond

2 Likes

Leno

Bellerin Luiz Chambers Tierney

Torreira Guendouzi

Pepè Ceballos Martinelli

Aubameyang

It’s not hard Freddie ffs stop being a fraud of the bald variety

1 Like

…Leno
Bellerin…Luiz…Sokratis…Tierney
…Guen…Torreira
…Ozil
…Auba…Pepe
…Laca

Just overload the attack, pass in triangles and press like crazy and dominate the possession.

1 Like

If I were Arsenal manager, I would get Rodgers as my assistant and let him get on with it. :grinning:

1 Like

I’d bring a couple of defensive coaches with me and re-educate the whole teams understanding of what that’s all about.

If I was Arsenal manager I would set out the team correctly based on the opponents we are facing. I wouldnt play players out of position and would try and get a fucking game plan that works for the situation.

Where we are at the moment is dire, the team needs a win to get some confidence back. If we don’t beat West Ham on Sunday then by Christmas we could actually be looking at relegation with the run we have.

Forget formations, the players need to dig deep and play a shit load better than they are now.

Except we dont have any players that are good at getting the ball off the other team and we also dont have any players that are good at keeping possession.

David Luiz is often talked about as one of our best passing options ffs

I’d roll Ozil up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge. And Mustafi. And Xhaka.

2 Likes

Fucking hell, @Bob is straight up savage in this thread, bodying OA legends left, right and centre.

2 Likes

If we played this way I’d have

Defence Holding, Sok, new January centre back(we’d have to make do until then possibly with Chambers and Torreira or Maitland Nile’s as the other sweeper covering Chambers sweeper role)

Sweepers - Chambers and Luiz

Midfield I’d have 2 wing backs around Ceballos probably Bellendirin (if he can get fit) and Kola (or Tierney if he can get himself sharp soon).

Attack would be Martinelli and Auba. I’d set us up as a defensive counter attacking team with that.

Leno
Bellerin Luiz Sokratis Tierney
Guen Torreira
Pepe Ozil
Auba Laca