If we signed nobody

The players we have should have amassed more points. There’s no other credible argument for me.

5 Likes

Ahh Wenger bought players… :grin::grin::grin::+1::+1::+1:

There’s a whole world of difference though between amassing more points and being top 4 quality. I couldn’t really care if we finish 12th or 6th.

8th in xG the season we finished 5th. Tin assed a false finish, predictably found out in 19/20.

This season 6th or 7th in xG, probably 5th since Partey/Ødegaard/ESR started playing. We’ll be challenging 4th next season.

Arteta 20/21 > anything under Emery tbh

If u wanna bring up xG where would Wenger have been in 2017/18? I already know the answer but feel free to post please :grin::+1:

This season gone, not really.

Even with Allegri or Conte and our current squad you’d be hard pushed breaking into a four of City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea on a normal season.

5th in 17/18. Defence fell of a cliff the last 2 seasons of Wenger.

2 Likes

People put too much emphasis on the fact that top 4 is anyone’s game this year. Yes most teams are shit, yes we’ve been more shit. We just have to accept it, Moyes is having a better managerial season than Arteta, Lingard is performing better than Odegaard.

It’s not ideal but we just have to live with it. Hopefully next season with some investment and fans in the stadium Arteta can show more, if not then he’ll probably be gone by Xmas anyway.

The absolute worst case scenario is thinking players like Elneny, Xhaka, Bellerin, Mari, Lacazette et al are ever suddenly going to shape up under any manager and magic us to top 4. It hasn’t happened and it won’t happen.

1 Like

Leno

Cedric Luiz/Saliba Gabriel Tierney

Partey Ødegaard

Saka ESR Pepe

Auba

I don’t think this team finishes lower than 6th in this league.

This is what Arteta has to work with. That he consciously makes this team worse, is on him.

3 Likes

No Auba until February and we lost Alexis for Miki, that was a truly awful team and yet he still had us competing for top 4. There are levels. Arsene is a fucking legend that extracted blood from rocks and then we’ve got these fucking current dirt pounding shitters who we give hundreds of millions to invest in their own players they want like Willian, Mari, Cedric ect lmaooooo, y’all are smoked out af like for real real real :joy::joy::joy:

Partey Tierney and Luiz often out with injuries, Odegaard isn’t even our player. Throwing the best napkin 11 out there isn’t consistently our reality though.

Arteta needs to adapt to that in summer.

1 Like

We’ve never seen this lineup to use that as an excuse though

The closest we got was December, when we played our best stuff.

1 Like

You know I hate him for Auba out left but even you have to imagine if Tierney and Partey were fit all season they’d never be out of the team? You’d imagine if Odegaard was here from the start he’d feature nearly every game too?

Auba out left is dogshit I’ll never say otherwise on that matter.

One of the most embarrassing indefensible things about this season is Willock going on loan to Newcastle and in 3 months Steve Bruce has managed him up to score more goals than our entire midfield for the season
:joy::joy::joy: go ahead Arteta sexuals let’s hear the excuse for this.

2 Likes

Yea it is what it is but we lament not taking advantage of the entire league being shit in 15/16 and I see no reason not to do the same here. Then and now recognising that if we’d just got our fucking act together we’d be so much better off isn’t a bad thing.

2 Likes

No I agree but just like then it means sorting the club out from top to bottom. Whether you want to blame Arteta more than the players doesn’t bother me, it makes complete sense. Acting like these players are guilt free is what winds me up.

That night in Baku showed how dire this group of individuals actually are, Arteta was still licking Pep’s taint at that point, he wasn’t even on the scene.

2 Likes

To be fair you don’t have to look too deep into basically any player thread to see valid criticism. I don’t think anyone has escaped that.

If u replace our team with Leicester team man for man, you would be happy with that squad? It’s mediocre af and still right there fighting for top 4. Our squad is on par with that plus we wasted 25m on a 3 year contract for Willian and 50m on a player who was a monster CL star and Arteta has made him look like Xhaka. Those are Arteta doods and he’s done nothing with them. Our team is not mid table level homeboy…

Which is crazy as to why it never seems to come into the discussion of Arteta. Hypocrisy nearly.