If we signed nobody

Stop playing out from the back. We don’t have the players for it.

Don’t be so afraid of trying stuff. The mentality that going backwards 50/60/70 yards is OK as long as you hold onto the ball will never work or reap rewards.

No more short corners. Put the fucking ball in there, cover defence adequately and stop the overthinking about one of the simplest things in the game.

Make pressing a part of our game, not something we do from time to time.

3 Likes

I can’t stand short corners.
It rarely works and often leads to losing possession and then the opposition being able to make a counter attack.

In the few occasions where we have looked in control of games under Arteta, it’s usually when we have pressed and put the other team under pressure.
I don’t understand why we don’t do it more, unless our fitness levels aren’t high enough.

1 Like

Lmao no this is just wrong.

We signed a 30m rated CB, and sparcely use him, we signed Saliba the higher rated CB between he and Fofanna and Fofanna is rock solid at Leicester and we persist with Holding. Tierney is a top LB. Bellerin is our one weak link in defense on paper. Partey dominated the CL last year. Guendo was sent on loan. Ceballos and Ødegaard should be playing so much better. And don’t get me started with our front line, Pepe, Saka, Auba is a golden boot winner just last season. We have so much fucking talent on this team it’s ridiculous. The manager doesn’t know how to use it and can’t identify it. That’s the biggest issue we have.

We need to take more risks in attack. We have one of the smartest strikers in terms of movement in Auba and we hardly play him in.

We need to be willing to lose the ball in the final third with more key pass attempts and don’t be scared to cross the ball.

More motivation and more numbers in attack please. Less sideways and 40 yard back passes to Leno.

1 Like

Lmao no this is just wrong. Everything else is subjective.

1 Like

Jesse Lingard is outperforming Ødegaard ffs :joy::joy::joy::joy: you think Lingard is a better player?

Oh yeah my bad he was 3 off Vardy but he scored 20 point is still valid.

1 Like

There’s no suitable excuse for this. I know you aren’t saying there is.

2 Likes

Strawman aside in terms of the last 6 months you would have to absolutely say Lingard has been playing much better than Odegaard. That doesn’t mean Lingard is a better player, it’s just simply dealing with facts and realities rather than pretending every single player we have is world class when they clearly aren’t even close.

People are too biased towards our players, they think they are much better than they are and that paseant clubs like Villa or West Ham could never have equal squads. Truth of the matter is that our recruitment has been so bad for so long that there might not even be a gap anymore.

1 Like

Nobody ever said every player on our team is world class. You are talking to someone who says our team talent is at least 4 - 6th. Leeds a newly promoted side has more goals than us…open ur eyes homeboy :joy::joy::joy:

And I personally believe this is optimistic, as I said earlier maybe a god tier manager like Allegri could get us top 4 but he’d never take the job because it’s too much pressure without investment. The majority of these players are complete dog shit and the ones who are close to the world class tier like Auba and Partey are so out of depth and out of form it’s not even funny, and yes I do agree that’s because it Arteta. Auba is also just getting older which is a factor too.

1 Like

We scored upwards of 70 goals and finished 6th in the league in 2017/18 with Laca, Mkhytarian, Iwobi, Kolasinac, Mustafi and a ton of other terrible players. Regardless of if u think we’ve not invested well, that 17/18 squad is fucking trash yet still outperformed this group and finished in European places. We’ve invested upwards of 200m or so since then. Cmon bruh get realistic here :joy::joy::joy: stop making excuses for Arteta its sad.

Every week on here I hear teams who are above us with lesser players.
Who are the actual players here that people would actually want. I’ll exclude the Manchester clubs and Liverpool and Chelsea.
If I was Leicester say or West Ham. Who would they want out of Bellerin, Luiz, Chambers, Holding,Ceballos, Willian, Pepe, Laca,Elneny, Xhaka, Eddie,Nelson.
Might get some interest in Martenelli but outside Auba and Tierney Saka ESR is there any of them significantly improving Leicester, Everton, Spurs etc.

1 Like

Why were Emery and Wenger able to get better results out of these guys then?

You’re saying all that like it’s meant to be impressive, that’s the start of a decline mate. The beginning of this rot everyone is talking about. Well no not the beginning but certainly it’s really starting to show through.

2 Likes

Nobody wanted them because there not of good enough quality.
They have been and are a big part of an ongoing demise because of a lowering in club standards on and off the park.

2 Likes

This honestly makes zero sense. The players I mentioned are not championship caliber players. In fact Mustafi and Kola are getting relegated in Germany as we speak. Yet somehow at Arsenal they never finished outside European places. We’ve upgraded both of those guys with much better players yet we are lower in the table. Comes down to the manager it’s very simple.

1 Like

Yeah they aren’t yet Wenger finished 6th with them and Emery finished 5th with mostly the same doods. Esplayn.

Even if you choose too believe that it also ignores improvement by other teams. Lot of Arsenal fans don’t want to admi this buts it’s a significant factor. Again caused in some degree because as a club for too many years of lowering the bar.

2 Likes

The players that pulled us through to the top 4 were always ones like Alexis, Santi, Cesc , RVP etc real on their day match winners. As we began to lose players of that quality we began to lose our grip on top 4.

You buy well you do well, we haven’t bought well for a very long time. You can’t just lose world class players and expect Odegaard to come in half way through a season and do anything for chances of glory. It’s not realistic.

As Stroll mentions teams around us got better and in City’s case took these players from us.

1 Like

All I’m seeing are Arteta apologists. Partey dominated the CL under a proper manager. He comes to Arsenal and looks worse than Xhaka. None of the teams ahead of us in the table bought a player evert remotely close to that. These excuses are laughable :joy::joy:

4 Likes