If we signed nobody

Leicester and respect to them are in the four because Liverpool have had an anomaly season. This squad isn’t getting near 4th.

Doesn’t matter their league position. Look at the goals they’ve scored and allowed ect and their performances. We should at least be achieving that no excuses.

I’d take loads of Leicester’s players tbh, I genuinely think they have a lot more talent than we do. The only players I like in our squad are the kids the goalkeeper and Partey/Auba. Everyone else is awful and barely capable of the fundamentals.

1 Like

Nah, don’t agree. We see countless examples of coaches getting more out of players. I can’t think of any other coach dealing with this kind of talent where they are all basically reverted under that coaches direction.

4 Likes

Only looks that way cuz they are managed right. Ya know who looked a pretty good top 4 player last year? Willian…how’s that going?

1 Like

Tbh I don’t even know if, after we sign some top players, Arteta would play them.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him bench Graelish for Willian for example. The cunt.

1 Like

Well we’re never going to see eye to eye because I don’t actually believe our squad is that talented. If we buy well in summer and the squad actually looks impressive I’ll absolutely hold my hands up if Arteta fucks it. As for now though I don’t think these players are worthy of anything under any manager. The last 3-4 years have proven that week in week out in my eyes.

2 Likes

The only players left from the starting eleven that night are Xhaka, Lacazette and Aubameyang.

Xhaka - was out the door before Arteta begged him to change his mind. Edu was ready to get Guimaeres in as a replacement, but Arteta wanted Xhaka.

Aubameyang - as a winger, which we both know is bad and something Arteta is responsible for.

Lacazette - again, Arteta starts him when he doesn’t have to.

We don’t like these players. As you’ve said, we have seen them fail time and time again.

It’s Arteta that picks them despite this.

Yeah, Rodgers, a good manager has done an amazing job at making players perform at a much higher level than what they are.

You’d take them here and they would be shite. Because Arteta is shite.

3 Likes

Nah man far too simplistic of view they have a really good squad. Player for player way better than ours outside maybe a couple of players, and in those cases our players are perma-injured.

Ndidi, Barnes, Evans, Fofana, Choudary, Schemicheal, Soyuncu, Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy - that’s just off the top of my head and probably all spelt wrong. Is Rodgers better than Arteta, yeh probably, but let’s not act like those aren’t solid players, probably more so than our shower of shit.

How many minutes did Partey, Ødegaard and ESR combine for before Christmas? Whatever squad building decisions were made in the summer, admittedly terrible ones, the players at his disposal in the first half of the season was not pretty.

Midfielders: Xhaka/Ceballos/Elneny
AM/Wing: Pepe, Willian, Saka, Willock, Nelson
Striker: Auba/Laca

1 Like

If we signed nobody I’ll be fucking seething.

KSE need to show they’re serious about us improving as a club and give us the opportunity to have a net spend of 100 million quid this summer, so seasons like this have less chance of repeating.

2 Likes

Idk, I’d be more upset after we spend $300 on Coutinho, Jorginho, Bissouma and Yerry Mina.

2 Likes

That would be a pretty good haul for $300.

5 Likes

:facepalm:

My bad.

Edit: This is why I became a lawyer. Awful with numbers.

1 Like

It’s really this simple, stop stifling our players natural instincts to score goals - it’s the constant mismanaged, micro management that has reduced us to shit football. Bring back Wengerball, the Arsenal way, attacking free flowing football. If not, Arteta needs to leave I’m done with him !!

5 Likes

Hell, I’d settle for Georgieball. A run of 1 - nil to The Arsenal would be awesome.

5 Likes

Deffo but we’ll never see an impenetrable defence at this club ever again !!

2 Likes

Arteta is cowardly, incompetent and arrogant and that’s why we’ll never see the sort of football we did under Wenger.

If we signed no one, it’s not going to make much difference.
The lack of quality is obvious but allowing Arteta to spend a record amount on players isn’t going to make any difference to the way we play anyway, because he doesn’t know how to use decent players properly.

2 Likes

I think that’s what Arteta is attempting to do. If he uses a dual pivot with Bissouma and Partey and gets a more solid right back like Emerson maybe we could be really hard to score against.