Howard Webb and his Cabal of Cunts

It’ll never be perfect and fans will always be biased.
Go any club forum and you’ll find the same conspiracy theories.

What conspiracy theory did I mention? Not sure I follow the jump you’ve made to that

1 Like

Not you. Fans in general. One reason we don’t have better refs in this country is we lose so many at grassroots level.
Verbally and physically abused. Record assaults last season.

1 Like

Oh right I follow. The talent pool will shrink if they have to put up with verbal and physical abuse. Unacceptable.

On your other point, I think the fact that all fan forums will have thousands of posts dedicated to how shit referees are, more likely points to the fact that referees fuck everybody over because the incompetence is systemic.

Poor decisions affect every club. The root cause of the problem is that the standard of refereeing, and the way in which they apply the rules, govern the game etc needs a massive overhaul.

1 Like

I think you made a good point of big club take overs and filter money down the chain line.
Some could go into refereeing and addressing all these issues.
Technology and higher quality camera work highlights us all to get a clearer view of incidents and we need to maximise it all properly.
We also need a full review on the rules because some of these have forced refs into some real on field dilemma at times and complicated the game.

1 Like

I still can’t get over this. The line doesn’t look straight for me.
Not to mention the red card they should have received first half.

Just read somewhere that the lines are drawn by humans not automated. So yeah, the line was drawn to make Rashford look onside for me.

Edit: just noticed “checking club badge” on the photo FFS :rofl::rofl:

12 Likes

That was outrageous. It was so high. The fact they can’t retroactively check those is pathetic.

1 Like

They checked and agreed no further action to be taken. He didn’t even receive a yellow ffs… imagine that was Xhaka…

1 Like

Iirc Auba got a red card for a similar challenge during Project Restart.

It’s obvious the VAR official must be Australian.
He’s used his boomerang to draw the offside line with. :grinning:

1 Like

So the foul against Ben White is a clear and obvious error ( fair enough ) but the foul on Saka isn’t ?

Look forward to another apology in the coming weeks, done over yet again.

2 Likes

I think the better question is why the foul on Ramsdale during the Villa game or the foul by Toney in the Brentford game weren’t given.

And why are we all the sudden going from “let it flow” to this forensic examination? If the PGMOL have decided the “let it flow” initiative hasn’t worked they can change it next season, not now.

1 Like

The issue is VAR. There’s nothing but anomalies been brought into the game through this.
You have changed real football rules for exact science.
It doesn’t work.

4 Likes

I think that it can provided that the VAR officials aren’t incompetent at best and corrupt at worst.

It’s the game to game inconsistencies that are maddening.

The lowly MLS gets VAR reviews done quickly and without the level of controversy we see week in and week out in the Prem.

4 Likes

Well today on our disallowed goal VAR got it right on VAR rules.
On the real rules played it got it wrong. Like it does on offside and level rule everyweek.
Football isn’t that finite.
If you ever watched either code of rugby on offside you would never see these lines drawn up to make a call.

If they used it for offsides the same way tennis uses hawkeye or the NFL uses endzone technology it’s a nonissue imo.

But they’ve managed to bring it into the game in such a hamfisted way that even tech advocates like me would be fine if it was scrapped.

1 Like

I know you’ve never really been on board with it as a design but is your issue with the technology or the officials?

The standard of refereeing has been garbage in this country for decades and the failures of VAR are just a sub facet of that lousy industry.

All the technology is doing is showing what a cluster fuck of incompetence the system actually is from a human stand point.

There are tons of feasible and simplistic work arounds to integrate both in a more organic nature but it’s very clear that the PGMOL are intent on continuing their shady cloak and dagger application.

It’s like making the police wear body cams for their own protection which can be turned off at their own discretion. The technology isn’t the issue.

3 Likes

Oh don’t even get me started. My old job created an entire division for that.

Although you may be surprised at the amount of redaction that went on to blur out a penis.

I thought in the states a gun on the hip negates a smol PP. We unfortunately don’t have that luxury over here. Marginalized.

It’s more of a way to broadcast you have serious insecurities imo.

But yeah between that and looking at seized cellphones, I spent more time than I ever imagined looking at stranger’s wieners. Law school did not prepare me for that.