Howard Webb and his Cabal of Cunts

Ding ding ding

2 Likes

Nowhere near as bad as that cunt Riley but United will be back to 20 penalties a season

2 Likes

Not to worry we might get a competent chief by the time Iā€™m 60.

Better than Riley I guess.

He was a really good ref tbh

Hahaha @shamrockgooner

1 Like

Wish we could hear the ref justifications like this

Howard and his Webb of cunts #pun

1 Like

Mike Riley and Dean are probably top of my list as the worst refs ever although Atwell and Atkinson are competing for worst ever.

Hard to believe there isnā€™t some corruption or strong bias when you see these guys work.

1 Like

Another horrendous refereeing display at the Emirates today. Failing to give yellows to Leicester that were clear as day.

Having to be rescued by VAR from his penalty for a Vardy dive.

Not giving a clear handball. Jesus gets kicked in the box - maybe a soft pen but much more one than what he tried to give for Vardys dive.

2 Likes

Was at the game, ref felt inconsistent at times with decisions especially with yellows to Leicester that it looked like they deservedā€¦

The Vardy dive in the stadium looked like a pen, glad VAR stepped in but could see why ref may have been conned into giving the pen. Ramsdale also didnt appear to dispute the pen decision as far as I remember but need to rewatch.

lol such BS. Gibbs-White got booked for the argument. Mitrovic receives a yellow for the argument and nothing for the foul

4 Likes

It shows how good Vardy is at simulation

Really shouldā€™ve been booked for it when it was obvious heā€™d thrown himself so dramatically to the ground.

He must practice his diving in training with video review to get that good at it!

Only seen one player booked for diving so farā€¦

1 Like

I believe that there were only 12 bookings for simulation in the entire Premier League season in 21/22, so statistically itā€™s pretty unlikely that you would have seen anyone else booked for it yet.

1 Like

That shows how random those bookings are.

Xhakaā€™s booking was right, but Iā€™m 100% convinced that Vardy should be booked as well. Even if there is slight contact (which there may have been but it didnā€™t look like it), going down like that is simulation. There is no way that such little contact would result in that kind of fall.

With Vardy you can always tell that he is diving as well, he really has perfected the falling down, most of the time after initiating contact with the defender himself.

3 Likes

We saw the rerun and how he exaggerated a dive after the ā€˜contactā€™. But did you notice that the ref only saw the contact situation on his monitor? He didnā€™t see that flimsy exaggeration just after and just before Vardy hit the grass. Iā€™m not sure I think that is fair! Agree that the ref should be judging only the contact. But Vardys obvious exaggeration a split second after is a dead giveaway that the contact wasnā€™t hard enough. But the ref didnā€™t get to see that and could have easily awarded a penalty.

Are refs allowed to give cards for such cases?

Yes theyā€™re supposed to be carding simulations more vigorously this season

Shocking refereeing and VAr (Mike Dean again!) in the chavs v Scum match today.

Clear foul in the build up to the first Scum goal. Even clearer one for the second although Cucurella does need a haircut!

The ref/linesman should have flagged for a free kick to Chelsea, but there was what felt like 30 seconds of play before Tottenham scored. Chelsea had regained possession by that time and lost it again. Canā€™t call it back for a foul no matter how infuriating it must be for Tuchel.

2 Likes

Agreed, but for the second goal if thereā€™s a borderline red card offense, youā€™re entitled to feel aggrieved as a Chelsea fan that you only draw the game because it wasnā€™t even given as a free kick :joy:

2 Likes