Houssem Aouar

idk, not convinced we are in for him, just have a sneaky feeling Spuds are in for him so the storyline can be he snubbed Arsenal. Could be wrong, but I think it is going to be Maddison, Ode, or no one.

1 Like

We will go with the cheaper option.

1 Like

Hard disagree, simeone puts attacking talent on a leash alot. Lemar is fucking quality. No he wasn’t worth the money at the time but he’s nothing like theo. Wenger or any attacking manager would’ve kept him flourishing.

Not that startling given that he didn’t live up to the hype last season. Why we come back in for him after all that initial nonsense when he doesn’t look as good as he did?

I’m strictly speaking about his time at Monaco, never watched him for Atleti but doesn’t sound like I’m missing much. Incredibly one dimensional player for me, just doesn’t that x factor, felt the same about Martial at the time too tbh. Though I would argue Martial has a little more in his locker than Lemar but I’m not a fan of either and the prices associated with them was ridiculous.

Sometimes you have to credit Pep because he really snuck in and took a top prize from Monaco with Silva.

1 Like

I would still take Lemar here btw. Guy was brilliant for Atleti in the first half of last season and he was a big factor on their great form then. Had corona and then some injuries in the second half which led to him missing some games but he still had a very good season.
There’s a reason Sineone likes him.

4 Likes

If Leicester sell Maddison, they should definitely try getting Aouar.

1 Like

Do the sensible thing Arsenal and sign Houssem.

Houssem and Ødegaard > blowing our load on Maddison.

7 Likes

I guess the question is how do you fit all in the team?
Maybe we don’t care? Let them fight it out?

Fight it out, who cares. It never hurts to stock up on creativity anyway :sol:

1 Like

The problem with Aouar and Maddison is that I can envision us having the exact same problems as last season where going 1 nil down is our kryptonite because we just can’t get the ball in the net. There were games last season even with Odegaard where it felt like we could play for 180 minutes and not score.

With Maddison and Martinez at least you know they might have that moment of exploviness that could get us back in a game or even win it. We need players like that, two creative passengers isn’t ideal with our balance.

5 Likes

I get that for Aouar but Odegaard has shown that he is a game changer at Sociedad. The guy even knocked Madrid out of the cup as well that season.

Was probably the most in form player in La Liga behind that alien Messi before the first lockdown.

I think we underestimate how tough it was for him to barely play for most of the first half of the season at Madrid and then make the switch in January on loan to the Premier league and Arsenal with our issues.

Still won more league titles than Arsenal have in the last decade. :ozil:

I think it’s quite clear that his heart wasn’t in it so much last season, at least for the first half. Now that’s not a great quality but, if you were stuck at McDonalds rather than working in a 4 star restaurant, I think you’d be adding some personal burger sauce as well no?

Club should be all over it, if they saw enough quality to be bidding around 50m/60m last season then 1 average season shouldn’t put them off when factoring in the circumstances.

You also might have an argument if they didn’t want to spend 40m+ on Odegaard…

I think the max we bid for him was 30m. Lyon was asking for much more but Aouar himself wasn’t really pushing for a deal either. Lyon got cocky after a few decent performances in the CL and they got burned. Serves them right to be fair. :grimacing:

I really thought Aulas was going to break that team up and make a bundle of cash. Auoar, Paqueta (although @Gio may not be a fan of his Milan output), Caqueret, Bruno, Dembele and even Memphis. But it’s definitely not worked out for him.

1 Like
4 Likes

A discount on a discount? :rofl:
This is Guendouzi 2.0.

Lyon really fucked up last year.

Love it that we gave them a massive L.

1 Like

Tbf we tried our hardest to buy over the odds for him and give ourselves an L. All thanks to his scumbag brother we didnt in the end.

9 Likes