Houssem Aouar

Pull yer finger out Edu

What a signing he’d be, phwaouar!

3 Likes

Reckon Partey isn’t happening now with Guendo staying.

This sounds it could a tabloid newspaper headline, can imagine the Sun having the nerve to print it

1 Like

I was definitely channeling The Sun there, proper shitey tabloid punnery :grin:

2 Likes

Guendouzi dusted ffs… :disappointed:

2 Likes

Oof. Harsh words.

How about Mustafi?

5 Likes

I don’t think its really an insult to Guendouzi. They have Caqueret and just bought Bruno Guimares as controlling midfielders. They are in big trouble financially and don’t have the leeway to spend big sums (accepting Guendouzi as part of the deal for Aouar is effectively the same as spending a big sum) on players who won’t be in the starting eleven.

1 Like

Jail would be a welcome escape

as soon as he is mentioned the phone will be put down with the person on the other end muttering expletives

Buying Aouar and keeping Guendouzi is the smartest thing we could do for the longevity of our midfield. They’d compliment each other so well.

1 Like

Arteta seems to really want this guy.

If we are to back Arteta, we should get him.

1 Like

Yeah, Partey has been a long time target for us which probably would’ve come regardless of Arteta.
Interesting to see what’s the situation now with Arteta being more hands-on with our transfers. It’s been reported a lot that Mikel really likes Aouar.
Is the club willing to give up on Partey and go all out for Aouar instead?
If that’s who he wants then they should absolutely go and get him instead.

If PSG, Juventus and Man City are genuinely interested then there is no chance we’ll get him.
Man City could buy him just to stop us getting him if they wanted to.

But I certainly agree, if Arteta really wants a player, the board should back him as much as they can.
They chose him to be the manager above anyone else, so they should give him what he needs to get the job done.

1 Like

Juve are broke as hell, City is honestly a weird link so I suspect agent/club talk to keep price high as possible.

I can believe PSG as they need new blood.

3 Likes

I’m pretty convinced that Fabrizio Romano is just another bullshitter but this is what he says on his podcast fwiw.

It makes sense to me that this transfer would drag out toward the deadline as negotiations with Aulas are never easy, we don’t have the luxury of paying over the odds, and he doesn’t really have much incentive to lower the price until the deadline gets fairly close.

2 Likes

Quite a superb photoshop :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HERE WE HERE WE HERE WE FUCKING GO

2 Likes

lodge a big. Sounds pretty kinky tbf. wanna see the behind the scenes for this one.

4 Likes