Highly rated players who you don't rate

Agree. Good but not elite level as some would have you believe.

Was actually a good player just got played out of position by a lot of clubs. When he played where he was meant to play - he produced the goods.

Plus injuries really ruined him too. He could never stay fit

1 Like

This thread has more salt than Mcdonalds fries.

Most of the players mentioned are genuinely class players lol

2 Likes

Highly rated amongst Arsenal fans…Rosicky, Hleb and Flamini (before he came back and showed how average he is)…that’s my contribution to this thread.

you say after saying Griezmann is overrated. I am so triggered by several mentions in this thread and the lack of Morata in here at the same time ffs

on a more contributing notion, I have to agree with and add quite a few of Ferguson’s United players (Scholes, Giggs, Neville etc.), it’s not like they’re bad or anything, I am just convinced SAF made people look amazing in that team, just look at the shite he won the league with in 2013 or w/e it was, then look at them under other managers, dross many of them… and I think the same goes for several of the… class of 92 blokes… good absolutely, occasionally pretty good as well… but mythically great like they’re talked about sometimes? nah that was the manager. Becks was fine tho.

2 Likes

Well the thread is designed to trigger

6 Likes

thibaut courtois is way overrated

Why don’t you rate Rosicky and Hleb?

I can’t believe some people still don’t get his humour and spotless sense of irony :joy:

2 Likes

Hugo Lloris - Good reflexes but often needs to make unnecessary Hollywood saves because of poor placement.

Angel Di Maria - He had one great season playing central AM for Real. Before that he was a decent winger and hasn’t been anything else but less decent since then.

Roberto Carlos - Good going forward. But not that good at defending and was often exposed. 9/10 free kicks ended up in the wall.

Wesley Sneijder - Declined rather fast and totally invisible when man marked.

Ederson - Great with his feet and closing down the attacker. He does however concede easy goals close to his body. Shots he could easily save with his legs but insists of using his hands for. Very common among keepers these days.

1 Like

Messi. :eyes:

1 Like

11 Likes

Was waiting for someone to say it

Why would he get mentioned? Who rates Morata highly these days?

1 Like

Yea I thought 70 posts without it was enough. Should have gone earlier in the day to be honest.

c62

2 Likes

Idno, he keeps bouncing around top clubs, Real Madrid to Juventus to Chelsea to Atlético, so I guess Ancelotti to Allegri to Conte to Simeone? Idno how he keeps getting the ok lol

Technically great and helped create the beautiful football myth/legend but largely ineffective ‘wide’ players. Didn’t score much and didn’t create much. That team was highly dependent on Cesc’s creativity and Adebayor’s and RvP’s goals.

If only we had a player like Ribery…

Sanogo…i found his chaos factor severely lacking!

2 Likes

Absolutely has no place in this thread. He’s a laughing stock