Highly rated players who you don't rate

I think Alisson is the best goalkeeper in the world right now. I rated him highly at Roma and think he’s proven his ability to cross over and continue to compete consistently at a high level.

Worth every penny Liverpool spent on him

1 Like

You got some suspect hot takes bruh, isnt even the best keeper in the prem.

And no way in hell is he better than ter Stegen who in my view is the best keeper in the world.

1 Like

Who’s better than him in the PL?

Ederson is better IMO

Alisson hasn’t shown he’s better at shot stopping let alone on the ball.

1 Like

Alisson is the better all round keeper. He’s a better shot stopper as well as being excellent with his feet too.

The only thing Ederson beats Alisson at is his foot work and even then the gulf isn’t that high

Can’t say I’m convinced on the shot stopping area, Ederson has been excellent for City in that area and done it for longer than Alisson has done at Liverpool. I think Ederson is underrated tbh.

I just don’t see him as the superior keeper and he hasn’t done anywhere near enough to be called best in the world for me.

Alisson is coming off the back of two world class seasons and was as important as anyone in helping to consolidate Liverpool’s backline.

He’s got good command, excellent shot stopping, top quality distribution.

He’s a complete goalkeeper and his placing ahead of Ederson in the NT is totally deserved.

Edit: At least we agree of Casemiro, Rashford and Dele Alli though lol

Ederson has been killing it ever since he got here bruh, his seasons have been equally as good.

But yeah there are some we can agree on, never Pogba though lol.

1 Like

I’d go with Dele Alli and Giggs but Gerrard for me was one of best players in Europe when he was playing in a poor Liverpool side.

If he had been in a top European team he would have won a lot more.

I’d go with those three as well, especially Goetze.

The players that I think have been overrated would be Beckham, who got more caps than any other player, apart from Shilton, because he kept coming on in the last few minutes nearly every time England played in order to break the previous record.

I also don’t understand how Benzema has been Real Madrid’s starting striker for so long and, as a few others have said, Griezman, who is sometimes brilliant but not worth 120m, and John Terry as well but that’s probably because I can’t stand him.

Nailed it with that OP.

Over the past ten or so years whenever the topic is brought up the first one I reach for is Ribery, I feel like I must have tuned into his worst matches because basically whenever I’ve watched him he’s been totally average. I just don’t get him.

These days Griezmann is one who is a good player, but I haven’t seen enough from him to suggest he quite deserves the rep he’s got

1 Like
  1. Neymar - bag of tricks, does it against the minnows, but has barely done anything of significance to be classified in the top 3 and just doesn’t justify the price tag of 2x more expensive than any player in the world

2. Ibra - Narcistic cunt who scores scorchers from time to time, but massively failed whenever there was time to stand up and be counted

3. Beckham - Great right foot, great with the deadball. Never in life deserved to be top 3 in any list ever, let alone the Ballon’Dor

4. Pique - Average defender playing behind great possession teams

1 Like
  1. Nope
  2. Nope
  3. Your are probably right. Never watched him in his prime tho.
  4. Yep

Gotta keep banging the drum for Eden Hazard. He’s a one trick pony who dives quite a bit and quit on two different managers when the going got tough. I think he’s going to probably score a shit ton of goals in La Liga and get shown up massively in the UCL.

Also, surprised nobody mentioned Robben. He’s another one trick pony who was incredibly overrated.

Good shout with Paul Scholes and you have to add Michael Carrick to this discussion. I mean, JFC, passing the ball sideways does not make him the second coming.

Haha was waiting for you to pipe up with this.

I agree about Robben though. Like the OP, I’m not a fan of Ribery either. Those two were both over rated and unlikable.

1 Like

I give the people what they want.

Dybala, Pogba, Martial

1 Like

I just absolutely dissagree on robben. Yeah he was a one trick pony, but no, I mean no defender in the world to this day figured out how to stop that pony/trick.
The guy always had the ability to win you the biggest games on himself. 2010 he got bayern to the CL final… same with netherlands on the wc that year… later again with bayer he was always their most decisive player. Again with the NT 2014 I think…

I mean it’s very easy to bash him because he was so selfish but… I mean there are skilfull, pacy dribblers… and many just dribble for the sake of it… but robben BEATS players all the time… and of course, his finishi g…
I remebrer first time he played against ashley cole, agaist us… Cole is the best left back I’ve watched to this day… the way he stormed through cole, full pace… cole didn’t know where to turn… For me possibly the best winger in this century if you exculde messi and ronaldo and put them in another dimension.

1 Like

Bale is another one who is vastly overrated.

He’s had such a strange career. Got the big money move to Madrid and won a bunch of UCL trophies but the fans don’t seem to like him, the managers don’t seem to like him, he can’t stay healthy and has probably just been replaced by another overrated diver in Hazard.

I doubt he has regrets but I can’t help but wonder if he career would have been better served staying in England, with Spurs or someone else.

1 Like

Harry Kane! Sure he scores a lot of goals but some of them are lucky but a lot of them are penalties of which he dived for or some other cunt did! He has a good team that deliver a lot of tap ins for him! Some strikes are quite good but are few and far between it also says a lot that the spudlings actually play far better without him…even the fans are getting fed up with his selfishness. I get that he has great numbers but i have never really felt that impressed by him he has never really wowed to me he is just meh but the way people go on about him especially the english media it makes me think he is prime brazil Ronaldo!

1 Like