Henry Onyekuru

Me too still buzzing from that FA Cup win !? So happy :facepunch:t5:

3 Likes

Campbell. Sanogo. Not quite confident in this signing tbh.

Apparantly heā€™ll make his decision after the international break. Nigeria plays South-Africa on the 9th of Juneā€¦

This kidā€™s youtube video really impressed me, looks night and day from Sanogo.

1 Like

More in the sense of another unknown player coming from some obscure club/competition, still very young with no ā€˜realā€™ experienceā€¦

Gambling on yoof ainā€™t all that bad, itā€™s just a case of knowing when to cut the cord on the wrong ones.

6 Likes

Yeh six million is still a lot of money for him but if he could at least play from the bench a little and maybe let us hope for a Holding type scenario - which should actually be easier for an attacker especially if our midfield is working and creative.

Like a few on here have said itā€™s a real bummer we havenā€™t had young promising striker for so long because there really isnā€™t any excuse for not taking the odd punt like this.

It can hurt us when these kids have to play a bigger role than they were supposed too. Like Sanogo in 13/14. With Welbeckā€™s injury proneness he could very well be our back-up striker, if we get the deal done.

If we buy him he will be for depth i dont think that we will be relying on him. If he turns out to be another Holding people wont complain either but considering that Wenger might still stay this will be his last contract so i am sure he will not just sit there with only 2 years left just starting another project he will try to win something big.

Iā€™m sold on this based on his scout nation video and the fact that he wears Henry on his shirt

2 Likes

Henry on the shirt is pretty much orgasmic, I have to agreeā€¦ if he is a fraction of Titi, we have a player.

I like the cut of his jib

So have we signed him yet

If weā€™re ā€˜closeā€™ to signing him it must mean we only have 5, maybe 6 weeks to wait for confirmation. Excited.

7 Likes

Btw. Regarding Holding; the sample size has been very small still. I wouldnā€™t say he has established himself, yet.

1 Like

We are gonna see him in training before we announce him.

Oh yeah for sure, but there is no doubting we have a serious talent on our hands. But as with all talents its up to the player to progress, but at least with Holding he seems mature enough to want to progress and works hard and wants to be a big player rather than think ā€˜i have made it nowā€™

1 Like

I like this signing, we need to make a habit of going after talented prospects particularly strikers.

Canā€™t neglect bringing in a proper #9 to lead the line next season though.

People ask who is he. Who were De Bruyne & Carrasco when they were at Genk or Eden Hazard at Tubize?

Rob Holding hasnā€™t been good enough to convince some people which money arenā€™t connected with the quality.