Henrikh Mkhitaryan

Couldn’t we get some fee for him? Fucking hell, Arsenal should never do business with Roma.

1 Like

As if we’re getting diddly squat for Mkhitaryan. The fuck?!

At least we’re not being saddled with Kluivert.

I guess the £8-9m saved on wages passes as our fee and allows Roma to cover his wages for next season

1 Like

:arteta:

This club is crazy shit at selling players.

Would have to hope we are going to replace him and Iwobi.

3 Likes

Just happy to get him off the wage bill to be fair. Never understood why we got him in the first place. It was clear during his Utd days that his last season with Dortmund was a one off and that PL was too fast and physical for him. He’s done well in a slower Italian league, and it probably be a better place for him to finish his career off. It looks from what I’ve seen he’s a impact player at best.

It just never seemed to me he got over the rejection of been let go by Utd that kind of broke his spirit, he had the odd good game here and there (I remember he was excellent in that 1-1 draw with Spurs at Wembley). I know many felt cause he had that great season with Auba in his last season with Dortmund that we might be able to bring that back. But quickly came noticeable that Henrikh just couldn’t get back to those heights.

Good luck to him, seems like him and his family love it there and that he probably look half way decent in that league.

Not always. We rinsed Everton for Walcott and Iwobi :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In recent seasons Man U and us have to be two of the worst clubs in the transfer market.
We have bought and sold very badly and Man U are marginally worse.

But the swap between Sanchez and Mkhitayran, considering the amount of money and ridiculous wages between the two players, around 600k a week, was the epitome of this.

Let’s hope that Arteta and the board have learned from our previous mistakes and that we give top wages to players who deserve them and we don’t lose anymore players on the cheap because we let them run down their contracts.

Mkhitayran is a player who should be embarrassed about the wages he gets considering the amount of poor performances he has given.

1 Like

I think in terms of buying players in the last couple of seasons, we have done well. Leno, Torreira, Guendouzi and Pepe, Tierney, Saliba, and Martinelli were all good purchases IMO. Jury is out for me on Mari and Soares because I haven’t seen enough of either of them yet. This summer we need to strengthen and I want to see quality of quantity in key positions - CDM and CB.

I think the bigger problem is that we are still paying for the poor transfer decisions 4-5 years ago…Cech being our only signing in 2015 and Xhaka and Mustafi in 2016!

We have been shit at selling players, with exception of a couple of good deals…Iwobi being a highlight!

In terms of Mkhitayran, anyone know what the permanent deal is that has been ‘agreed in principle’? Is it a further loan or a permanent transfer? Any fee?

1 Like

Just get this fuck off our wage bill and out the club.

Have too many “big name” cunts on our books. Laca, Mkhitaryan, Özil - all of them need to be got rid of.

2 Likes

If we’re never playing Özil and need a creative CAM why not keep Mkhi in the squad as back up there? We could still sign a top CAM like Coutinho and reloan/buy Ceballos. Mkhi doesn’t have to feature every game but can still be an asset.

Okay Mkhi doesn’t have the legs out wide but can easily step in behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 as a back up option. As long as he’s central he’s always a creative goal threat.

People talk about him like he’s some untalented chump lol. Arteta could make good use of him.

1 Like

You’re proposing acquiring a “top CAM”, possibly Coutinho, while paying the wages of Ozil and Mkhitaryan - I think you’ve just answered your own question.

I’d have liked to see him get a chance at #10 at some point in his career here but I think he’s completely over Arsenal now.

1 Like

Özil looks like he will never feature again. Possibly even out the door this summer. At this point he’s not an Arsenal player. Who is more useful to us now as a backup creative mid option between him and Mkhi?

We are so short on midfield creativity that it’s more than a viable option to bring Mkhi back into the 25 provided we sign a top class CAM.

Well that changes everything if it happens, but I don’t think there’s much to suggest that Ozil won’t be here next season. Incredibly wishful thinking on your part, I suspect.

So I maintain, you answered your own question about bringing Mkhitaryan back. It would be an awful use of our resources to be paying huge wages for three CAMs in Ozil, Coutinho and Mkhitaryan.

His defensive contribution was poor for us tbf.
Although, Mikel transformed Kola from a defensively inept defender to a bad defender.
Teta is a magician.

I think the issue with Mkhi is fitness and the fact he has always struggled since arriving in England. He struggled to adapt under multiple managers in multiple systems at multiple times.

I’m not one of those people who think England is just the hardest thing in the world to adapt to but I think this guys reputation is based upon a really good season in Dortmund in an otherwise underwhelming spell there.

He’s struggled at Roma to maintain fitness too and I think with his wages, it’s a big risk to keep him here and I’m also not sure he offers much unless he gets regular game time.

But I do get what you’re saying, he’s a good player I just don’t trust in him to be fit or produce any semblance of consistency so I’d prefer to see him gone.

1 Like

He’s been good for Roma since the restart. Of course his wages can outweigh that but do you think they won’t want to keep him if he lowered his demands?

I think he’s had a good season for Roma, I just don’t think he stays fit for long enough to be someone we’d ever want to rely on even as a back up.

I think he’s only managed to start like 14 games for Roma because of injuries.

1 Like

We have agreed to terminate his contract with us by mutual consent to allow him to join Roma in a permanent move.

Nightmare transfer.

This has to go into the books as one of the worst transfers in Premierleague history, with Alexis flopping hard as well.

4 Likes

What did we earn?