Héctor Bellerin

I agree, but the thing is that Bellerin would be bothered. He doesn’t want to be here anymore…

1 Like

Absolutely

Get rid of Cedric and keep Bellerin as back up.
Fine with me

if he’s that bothered he should waive his remaining wages then.

Use him in garbage games in EL and LC whilst keeping Tomi fresh.

Mutual contract termination it seems. :man_shrugging:

Oh well, good luck Hector. Thank you for service. Hope to see you in the WC with Spain.

1 Like

We really are so fucking poor ag getting any sort of value for our players.
When was the last actual sale that netted us decent money, Iwobi to Everton and maybe Ox to scouse.

6 Likes

Willock

1 Like

Bye Hec. Hope you’re happy etc.

1 Like

True, we put the dude on a £100k contract in 2016.

That’s the difficulty in shifting dross

1 Like

'Bye

We gave him £100k to fend off interest from Barcelona which made us look like a big club for about 10 minutes. Well worth it.

2 Likes

I have zero ill will towards him. He committed to a team that was on the slide at a time when he was a huge prospect. Nobody knew he’d get hurt and lose a step. He changed, the team changed and the game in England changed. It happens.

8 Likes

Something that I will give him is that he always seemed professional. I can’t really say he ever downed tools and in difficult moments he always took pressure off whoever was the manager at the time and put it on the players instead.

1 Like

Another one whose bad habits were not addressed by Wenger. Potential is lost if coaching not applied.

3 Likes

How many decent players have left in the last few seasons for nothing?
Ramsey, Wilshere, Torreira, Mkhitaryan, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Bellerin, Chambers, Welbeck, Ozil, Sokratis, Mustafi, Kolisinac, Willian, etc.

Considering we paid around 400m for this lot, including several of them being record transfers, it’s ridiculous that we got no fee for any of them.

:arteta:

5 Likes

i kinda remember most of the forum saying with the likes of mustafi that we would take £1.50 and a packet of crisps…stuff like that.

came here for free and leaving for free, he’s a great guy and always gave everything so best of luck Hec :slight_smile: he was decent at one point, shame he never quite made his potential

Awful business releasing him, would keep as a backup over doing that.

1 Like

Arteta clearly prefers Cedric over him and Cedric ain’t that good. We could keep him but the coach won’t play him so what’s the point?

I’m not convinced he does prefer Cedric tbh, I think it was bellerin wanting to move last year and the club thinking they could save wages/retain value by loaning him.

Has a decent season in Spain and we come up with Fuck all from it. Stupid.

1 Like