Héctor Bellerin

Yes but why would he want to move? Because the coach didn’t prefer his style. And there was absolutely no way we’d get out from under the Cedric contract. Maybe he’s a good dude but that deal was more crooked than a hockey player’s nose.

1 Like

Thanks for that lung bursting run down the middle that led to the second goal vs Chelsea in the FA Cup final.

All the best Hector!

5 Likes

Forgot about that. I’ll always remember him for the goal he scored against Chelsea to get us a point at their place. Same game as the Martinelli full pitch run, goal, arms crossed celebration iirc.

2 Likes

I was in favour of selling to them back them, but I didn’t get the impression I was in the majority

If that’s the direct choice I agree. But if the 100k a week saved means we can afford someone else in the market I’m on board with it. We’ve already got Tomi, White and Cedric who can play there.

1 Like

Betis have signed other players and want Aouar as well. None of them on a free transfer. But when it’s an Arsenal player suddenly they don’t have the resources to pay?!

7 Likes

Ridiculous. The man is a former captain and Spanish international. How is it that Betis can’t cough up even 5m? They’re buying other players.

I’d rather have kept him to send a message. This will give clubs confidence in approaching AMN or Torreria knowing that we’re still mugs in market.

1 Like

Yep. Even the Leno deal was shit.

Arsenal remain awful at selling players.

3 Likes

Because we have gained a reputation of being a club who don’t mind terminating the contracts of wantaway players.

2 Likes

Goes to show how shit and washed up Bellerin is. We cant Even get a can of Heinz baked beans for the bloke.

You can’t sell a player for a fee that nobody wants to pay. Bellerin market is practically nil. He’s way past his best (which was never very good anyway) and currently commands a wage in excess of £100k per week.

No other club outside of Betis has been strongly linked to Bellerin and they clearly don’t want him enough to even offer a nominal fee for him.

I’m not in favour of terminating his contract unless it involves him taking a reduced pay out from the club but that’s not likely.

If we dont get a the payout reduced i would like to see him rot in the reserves.

We may have saved some money on loyalty bonuses and shit.
Edu needs to improve our selling capabilities in the coming years.

Clubs are buying their time knowing we will budge.

30-year-old German International GK sold for mere 8m
27-year-old Spanish International RB who played 32 matches for Betis is going for nothing.

Pretty sure, we will do the same for Mari.

1 Like

Games in a new moment here now though. Covid made a huge difference and players running contracts down are all playing into the mix.

1 Like

I doubt his market is really nil.
I think he only wanted Betis and that was it. Assuming clubs went about it the right way, Bellerin must’ve rejected all other teams that approached him.

How many other clubs are resorting to contract termination though?

1 Like

Which other clubs do this with such regularity?

1 Like

You go on any other fan board and they’re all complaining about not being able to shift deadwood. PL still flush with money but you go to Italy or Spain and clubs are having to sell just to pay the bills right now it’s no surprise that clubs can’t shift decent players atm.

Inter need to sell one big player to balance the books but they’re struggling because even clubs like PSG don’t want to pay big money anymore. They don’t even want to pay €65m for Skriniar who’s one of the top CBs in Europe.

I don’t buy that Bellerin is refusing to go to any club other than Betis. I completely believe his market is just dead

5 Likes

People referring to Bellerin as a Spanish international are being really disingenuous here. He hasn’t played a match for Spain in 6 or 7 years and will probably never get a game for them again. He’s played like 3 or 4 times for them.

The guy is totally fried as a top level football player. Just checked and he only played 22 league games for Betis last year too.

5 Likes

Yeah that injury totally ruined him and probably contributed to why he started trying to become a fashion influencer instead.

He knew his football career was over so wanted to diversify into another industry that he enjoys.

1 Like

Good servant for the club, but was never really that good.

I wish him well at Betis.