Héctor Bellerin

When we had Santos and Gibbs as our LB, Bellerin was great.
When we had Monreal as LB, Bellerin was getting exposed.
Now we are having Tierney as LB, Bellerin is one of the weakest links.
It is all about comparison.

3 Likes

Pepe’s recent form has come with Cedric playing behind him, be it on the left or on the right. Think maybe Arteta has figured out that Pepe and Bellerin just doesn’t work?

1 Like

Think you guys are making too much of this Bellerin - Pepe connection.

Connection? What connection? there really is no connection at all. Mainly because Bellerin is a bit shit at the footballz.

2 Likes

Bellerin is a vegan bellend of the day #BellendOut

Thing is Pepe and Saka both like to cut in, especially Pepe who is totally useless as left footer when trying to stretch play on the right flank by going out wide. Bellerin isn’t very good at crossing and doesn’t the pace to run behind anymore to pull the ball back, so he cuts in, which either pushes Pepe further wide (isolating him) or causes both to end up in the same spot.

In addition, Bellerin almost never plays balls behind for Pepe to run on to, or even Saka. He just passes it backwards or sideways. Cedric for all his faults and lack of ability does these things, and that allowed Pepe to play a lot better and be more effective in the game.

Personally I’m bemused that so many people don’t think upgrading our flank is essential when 80% of our attacking plays come from our flanks (specifically the left flank) it’s clear that like Emery Arteta wants his full backs to initiate and then actively take part in attacks. Bellerins lack of quality means that nearly all of our attacks come down the left side which has made us predictable and resulted in one of the least creative Arsenal teams in almost 3 decades.

4 Likes

Especially in today’s game where centre forwards are more involved in the build up (Benzema, Firmino, but also somebody like Lukaku at Inter) and wingers have become inside forwards (Ronaldo, Salah, Mane, Sterling) it is essential backs know how to operate in the final third. Plus teams now flood the centre off the pitch against us because they know we’re going to build up with patience and try to pass our way through you need proper backs to keep width and to create space. Bellerin and Xhaka replacing are the priorities for the summer. Provided Saliba gets a chance and we get Odegaard for another season.

4 Likes

There will be no “Bellerin is a vegan bellend of the day” today as I cant be arsed. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind regards
CEO of Anti Bellerin Foundation Mr. Lord B

7 Likes

Bl1nk in December 2017.

Lazy @LordBendtner

5 Likes

Can i hire you ? I need a guy to keep the segement running from Friday - Monday

Good afternoon Mr Lord Bendtner

While I am grateful of your offer I will unfortunately not accept the offered position.

Many thanks

Calum

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks for nothing u knobhead fraud

Best Regards Mr Lord B

13 Likes

Bellerin vs West Ham Sept 2020:

There ya go any match day thread, search Bellerin and you’ll find a ton of gold like this :+1::grin:

1 Like

How do I quote that ass when the posts Are in separate threads?

Just quote the text and copy whatever comes into the reply box and paste it in to the new thread

2 Likes

There ya go kid @LordBendtner

1 Like

How could I forget such a classic. Killing Bellerin off with the good old lelelelelel at the end.

2 Likes

This brings the segment to a whole new level. Siuuuu.

1 Like

After hitting reply and while the post box is active, You can navigate to the new thread and you get the option to post the reply in original thread or the thread you are currently at.

2 Likes

Siuank you

1 Like