Héctor Bellerin

Hector didn’t have a great game defensively yesterday. And the throw ins are beyond ridiculous now.

But I’m still not going to hate on him too much. I actually think one of the issues is that he’s being asked to do too much. Not to mention he is having to try and do Willian’s job half the time as well. It’s like he’s been set up to fail, but IMO he has still managed to look decent at times this season.

1 Like

There’s an element of truth in this and a clear reason why we should stick to 4-4-2.

If we are going to go defensive, 4-4-2 favours us. Bellerin becomes like Dixon under Graham. Do not cross the halfway line. Yesterday’s second goal, and arguably the first, doesn’t happen

You are right, we should not.
It was like Sanogo situation, whose fault it was to put the player on the field?
The manager.

1 Like
4 Likes

I want to see Cedric/AMN in the 11. Hector isn’t cutting it

1 Like

Lamptey looking nice on that graph, something to look into?

1 Like

Hector isn’t playing the full back role at all.
Tell me where did those people find the full back position from a 3-4-3 formation???
Productive or not, first, Hector is not really playing his favorite position.
Second, this shit and weird 3-4-3 formation is not productive at all.
Third, genius overloading on the left and generate 90+% of our attack on the left.
How could our right flank be productive???
I don’t think Hector is good enough, but this shit graph is misleading

Playing as a wingback should mean you create more chances than a full back, not less.
Agree it might mean his defensive output is a bit lower, but not significantly

1 Like

I am not sure if it was Arteta’s instructions or not, you can see Hector is actually making a lot of cut ins and bombarded into the opposing box, which a full back and wing back usually won’t do.
Obviously Hector does not feel comfortable with this arrangement because Arteta’s tactics requires a player that possess more technical abilities and football sense. Meanwhile, Hector cannot find the balance in between offense and defense and get caught in bad territories, especially when defending.
Offensively, it is unfortunate that he does not have that skills to be more productive, which we could tell in the past. A lot of times when he had the ball, he either pass back or play safe. It was rare to see him taking on defenders and beat them one on one.

2 Likes

We are doing this instead of actually telling Bellerin how to do them correctly.

Banter Era

11 Likes

That can’t be true :joy:

That would be even more embarrassing

He’s not wrong though but it’s no defence or solution.

1 Like

There are foul throws all over the place but Bellerin is definitely being watched closer by refs.

Against Spurs I watched two of their players lift their leg whilst throwing (illegal) and it get totally missed. Then Hector gets penalised…

6 Likes

It is not good to finger pointing others while we are making the errors… however, this shows how shit the FA/referee are as well… double standard

1 Like

Just reminds me of when RVP got sent off for kicking the football a second after the whistle went, while others have done it every week since without a flicker of a card. Yeah I’m over it :laughing:

Was that the same game Bendtner missed an absolute sittter in the last minute to put us through on away goals?

3 Likes

Yeah and I remember the commentator beforehand saying that Bendtner said he had a dream that he came on and scored the winner lol

2 Likes

Wilshere overhit the pass. Most players would have struggled to score that goal.

Haha you must be remembering it wrong mate. One of the worst first touches I’ve ever seen

He’s remembering it through Danish Lord Bendtner tinted spectacles

1 Like