Health and Fitness

To share the latest on my fitness journey…
Had a two month break from the gym after the new year, self imposed, almost no restrictioms here in Bosnia. :mustafi:
Did some light home work just to keep going. Started again with the gym this month but changed my approach quite a bit. Moved away from mostly strength training with only a few compound lifts. Included more exercises, raised the number of reps. Just trying to hit a certain area with more moves, more volume etc.
Regarding my still somewhat injured knee… I don’t do sqats atm, but realised I can still load a lot of weight on the leg press without any pain in the injured area, so it’s an absolute lifesaver for my legs atm.

Feeling really good so far about this new approach. Can’t say I wasted time doing that strenght training too long, definitely learned a lot about how my body works and how certain exercises affect me. I’d say I was decently knowlegable about training before I laid my foot on the gym floor for first time, but I guess until you feel/experience some things on yourself you know nothing. :pires1:

A good session today… Chest and shoulders… A guy had to pick up the bar from me on my last set (decline bench). :mustafi: A sign of a good session if you ask me :+1: :xhaka2:

8 Likes

I’m gonna be in Bosnia for a month or so at some point this year so I’ll be smashing the gym and enjoying as much borek and cevapi as I can lol.

Good to see you back and smashing the sessions bro

4 Likes

Let me know if you’re near Mostar bro, we could meet and share some ideas about how our beloved club should move in the future. :kroenke:

Btw we should exploit this situation in Bosnia, with closed gyms around, and really push with fitness tourism :bergkamp: :wenger2:

2 Likes

HAHA decline bench to failure without a spotter is borderline suicide mate. You can do bench or incline without a spotter and goto the limit and situp yourself out of it.

Also it’s a bit of a mental masterbation because you can handle more weight on the limited range of motion.

4 Likes

Bro I’m always in Mostar when I go haha. I love it, my friend has a beautiful place there so it’s my favourite European trip in the summer. I’ll definitely be there. I love the old bridge and the food and cafes around it.

1 Like

It was a pretty light weight. 50kg. I was basically done with the training, didn’t plan to do it in the first place, just decided to add it in the end…
Just did one rep too much (after I already did a set with the same weight), not like I went for a one rep max and failed. It wasn’t as dramatic as it may have sounded in the first place. :pires1: The guy just reacted quickly when I started to roll it. :mustafi:

1 Like

First run since I did 12.5km with my mate two weeks ago. We want to increase by 500m every weekend until we get to half a marathon, so potentially some time in May.

9 Likes

Coming along nicely @Cristo. Don’t try any innovations or upping pace yet. Can lead to injuries doing that. Just enjoy and keep with it.

2 Likes

Yeah fair, will do. Thanks for the heads up.

I get some pain at the back of my knee, in the lower left right around where it meets the calf. Think it might be more of tendon or ligament thinks than the actual knee if that makes sense.

In any case I’m not running more than once or twice a week as I don’t want to west myself out.

Low key location flex

10 Likes

You may have to go too a minimum of 3 runs as you get up to 16k upwards.
Smaller distances though and one long run. Just bare it in mind , but keep on with what your doing now.
Tweaks here and there but the key is work it around your lifestyle. Trying to copy plans don’t always fit with your life.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Not like I’m running in Buckingham Palace Gardens haha

So bloody busy in Hyde Park as well

Stepped straight out the front door of his 3 storey Knightsbridge penthouse and into the park.

3 Likes

To be fair, I saw the Danish Ambassador standing on the terrace of his 6th floor penthouse in a t-shirt with a cup of coffee looking down on Sloane Street when I was on the bus to Hyde Park Corner :joy:

Alas I am a mere pleb and needs take the bus to Hyde Park

2 Likes

It’s this bus, isn’t it…

Okay I’ve killed the joke I am proud

7 Likes

I loved that loop when I ran there. It was so nice on spring Saturdays. Come back, demolish a pack of naan and sleep until it was time to go out. College was amazing. :laca2:

1 Like

Went for a skate today for the first time in ages. Just 5km, but it was work with a few hills. Had to go collect my car, so opted to skate there. I sure wish there proper cycle lanes here like in NL, would sure make skating easier. Some of the sidewalks were awful. But it was still fun. Need new wheels though.

4 Likes

How wonderful

1 Like

On a board or inline skates?

8 mile walk yesterday. Legs are feeling it today :eyes::joy:

7 Likes