Health and Fitness

Did this with no breaks this morning

'kin 'ell :sweat:

1 Like

@Joshua Hyde Park bro :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Got those curls in motion broseph!

:bellcry: It’s still a little above freezing here most mornings so I’m stuck on treadmill for now.

:joy:

About 40 degrees here, so not warm by any means. Was quite miserable getting out the front door haha

Speed up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Do you mean 4? As 40 is fucking melting alive territory :joy:

I think Cristo is speaking Fahrenheit

2 Likes

I converted to Fahrenheit for Joshuas sake :joy:

2 Likes

Bloody America why do they have to call everything different from us lol

1 Like

I ran with a mate of mine and I feel like that definitely helped me pick up the pace, although we were talking for the whole run.

We’re going to aim to do sub-50 next weekend, so talking will not be allowed I guess haha

Because we’re too busy buying guns at Walmart to realize how stupid using feet and Fahrenheit makes us look.

2 Likes

Good pace, that.

@Stroller how’s the knee? Where on the knee is the injury exactly?

Are you running yet?

Not running or exercising after covid. Started daily walking now between 2 and 3 miles a day on top of work which is manual and have me on my feet for 7 of 8 hours.
Doing a 5 mile walk tomorrow and want too start introducing some step ups and skipping soon. Not rushing though.
Been going the park for a leg press in the outdoor gym and the knee is feeling stronger now.

6 Likes

If you got the space and the spare cash you should invest in a elliptical machine. Super low impact and convenient. I do HIIT for about 40 minutes 5 days a week. So much easier than motivating your self for a run or hitting the treadmills at the gym and nearly no damage to the knees, ankles or shins at all. Compliment that with weight training through out the week. Can bang out a work out in about an 1 hour 30 minutes including a quick shower.

My yard looking like something out of Compton with my bench press and weights and punching bags :joy::rofl:

4 Likes

That’s good news. It’s the old adage- walk before you run, and it rings true.

I’ve been told that if you’re going to start runs again, try not to run round bends and obviously be extremely careful when running downhill.

When I explained my injury to my mate, he said mine sounded like a lateral ligament injury. The last time I went out for a run was Christmas morning. I felt pain then and I’d feel pain on a brisk walk to work (this is what began to worry me- why on earth did this start? Furthermore, on a cold morning when waking up, I’d feel the pain on the outside of the knee)

I decided to take your advice and rest from the runs. COVID helped me inadvertently in that it forced me to rest completely. No youtube HIIT workouts, either.

Since I started doing that cardiovascular punishment Iron Wolf workout, I’ve not felt pain in the knee full stop (touch wood). Moreover, once I double that up with Mady Morrison’s stretch routine (posted above somewhere) straight after, my knee feels as good as new. These workouts don’t involve bending or twisting the knee. You’re facing forwards all the time. Try it, but go at your own pace. Don’t feel compelled to finish it.

Obviously the acid test for me will be outdoor running again. IF parkruns go ahead in June, as you said, this will be ideal for me. Muscles will be warm anyway and I’ll have been rested from runs for a good 6 months.

4 Likes

Would you mind posting the Iron Wolf workout you’ve been doing again?

I can’t find it in this thread on my phone and when I Google it dozens of different videos and blogs come up :joy:

1 Like

There you go, matey.

It really feels like it opens up your lungs, your chest and the heart is beating like a drum throughout (hence CV punishment)

Strongly recommended if you’re just looking to get things off your mind (the other option is to wear tight shoes for the whole day)

4 Likes

Haha looks awful, can’t wait to try it out!

I’ve gotten a bit tired of the workouts I’ve been doing so will be good try something a bit different.

The Mady Maddison stretch routine that helped your knee - was that a specific one you found on YouTube as well? I’ve always had issues with my left knee so I’d be interested in seeing if this could help.

1 Like

It fell under recommendations. Did it once, got hooked.

That runners knee stretch she does when you aim to get your head as close to your knee as possible…ooft!

1 Like

I had to muddle through my long Sunday run on the treadmill. It was below freezing here again! 80 minutes of nothingness.

Then I woke up at 1:15 with the kind of insane night hunger you only get after a long run without eating enough after. :facepalm:

Spring can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes