Harry Kane

It’s a biased view. Kane has golden boots at club and international level and has had a couple months of stellar Champions League campaigns.

He’s been one of the world’s best strikers for years.

3 Likes

Kane will be remembered as one of the best centre forwards of his generation.
I don’t have any issue stating that because you can easily turn to a Spurs fan and say you had that, you had aaaallll that and you still were under Arsenal’s shadow.

6 Likes

Have to be fair to him. Imagine he stayed at Arsenal’s academy and made it to the first team. We would have dominated for years.

When will Spurs ever get an opportunity like this again?

But also fuck spurs

1 Like

Cant wait til he retires and begins his punditry career and his name is captioned with “Audi Cup Winner 2019” at the start of Super Sunday.

Richie Sadlier vibes please

sadlier-caption-503x500

6 Likes

Gosh, can’t think of anything sadlier than that

1 Like

I’ve listened to his autobiography and he’s pretty embarrassed about this tbf lol.

1 Like

It has occurred to me in the past that he must have been a bit fuming at whoever decided to put that there haha

What are you dressing up here. Le Tissier had a personality. Really?
He didn’t make a major international tournament because he wouldn’t challenge himself away from Southampton.
Shearer fucked up going to Newcastle and really is more remembered for having the PL record.
Be interesting how he is viewed if that goes to Kane then.

By the same token you could ask why NT coaches weren’t willing to look beyond big club biases to bring in a useful player.

Nah I don’t think that was it at all.

There were better players than him and fitness etc probably weren’t top of his priorities list. 8 caps across a 15 year career and multiple national managers. Says it’s a him problem for me.

1 Like

So he’s the English Stefan Kießling? Just a guy that nobody liked?

Le Tissier was a lazy player who had beautiful ability when he had the ball at his feet.

3 Likes

Dude had tough competition

1 Like

Always going too be tougher getting recognition at a smaller club.
Your not playing in enough big enough games. Not playing in Europe.
He was a quality ability player but without the drive.

1 Like

Yep. He is lauded for his loyalty to Southampton but think it’s more indicative of his lack of drive and ambition.

People laid Totti for staying at Roma but he played regular European football, won the title and competed for many more.

He didn’t need to leave his boyhood club to compete at the highest level whereas Le Tissier needed to leave Southampton to be on the radar for regular England call ups

2 Likes

Ah you beat me to it. I was going to play the Totti card but you’re right. Southampton and Roma are two different kettles of fish.

Totti is pretty much the Emperor of Rome. Probably gets mobbed everytime he steps out. TheTik Tok generation in Southampton would probably walk past LeTissier.

Waste of a talent.

Kane isn’t even that loyal. He tried to leave multiple times and the last time he did he pussied out.

@JakeyBoy Did you catch this one for Saha today :laughing:

12 Likes