Harry Kane

Top level consistency surely has to play a part? Kane wasn’t just existing, he has been amongst the leagues top scorers for at least five seasons, two of which he won the golden boot.

It is part of the reason that Ronaldo and Messi are so highly revered despite R9 and Ronaldinho probably being more gifted than both (less of an argument for Messi but one I believe).

Truly great players win things I’d include Rooney and Drogba above Kane, until he wins things for spurs and England he’s only a legend for spurs and England

1 Like

It’s hypothetical because we’ll never know, but if Kane had of played in the Liverpool, City or even Chelsea teams of the last few seasons, RVP wouldn’t even be in the same conversation in my opinion.

Yes, I hate Van Pershit but this isn’t clouding my judgement. He along with Cesc kept our Champions League status in tact for years. He even did it without Cesc for a season. Quality player. I’ll never forgive him for shitting the bed in Europe countless times or the United move.

‘She said No.
VAN RAPIST she said NO.’

I always seem to forget Rooney. Definitely above Kane for club and Country.

Are we talking Premier League or overall for Drogba? Overall it’s Drogba without a shadow of a, doubt but did he ever win a Golden boot?

This is a tough discussion and in the end it all comes down to personal preference, since there’s no way everyone can agree on who’s the best PL striker. We can argue this until the worlds end. There’s a case for any of the following players imho.

Henry
Kane
Shearer
Cantona
Aguero
van Persie
Rooney
Salah
Anelka
Fowler
Torres
Bergkamp
Drogba
Sheringham
van Nistelrooy
Owen
Haaland?

2 Likes

Kane is famous for scoring but how many were great individual goals?
How many spectacular volleys from outside the box or runs from his own half beating several defenders has he scored?

Take away penalties and routine goals and you’re left with a cheating loser who scored the occasional good goal so unless he moves to another club he will go down as the best PL striker to have won nothing in his whole career, which I’m sure he will be immensely proud of.

2 Likes

Just checked his Wikipedia page fucking hell he’s won even more than I imagined, based on this alone he’s miles ahead of Kane

1 Like

100%

Take his dribbling for an example. Its like watching a 45 year old plumber dancing ballet.

1 Like

That’s a good list but you could also include Wright, Cole, Tevez, Lukaku, Costa and Vardy, who were great strikers who won trophies for top PL clubs.

2 Likes

You can’t really judge on the standard of a goal as a term like routine goal.
Gerd Muller would be banished out of any argument, which would be crazy as he’s one of the best finishers in history.
90 percent of his goals are in or around the six yard box and the reason Germany and Bayern win so many trophies.

5 Likes

That’s true but Muller was considered a great player because he was an efficient and prolific goal scorer who played for successful teams, rather than strikers like Messi or Ronaldo, who were skilful players who scored great individual goals.
But Kane is neither spectacular or successful, although he is efficient.

He’s scored some bangers against us.

Only one that I recall. When they won the league for 13 mins and he took his mask off.

Can’t think of many others tbf

2 Likes

That one where he’s wearing the goggles was a banger

But none as good as this. :grinning:

2 Likes

Lets be real. 80% of the goals he has scored against us is penalties.

4 Likes

So if Kane went to City and got half the goals and assists but won the PL he would be a greater player than he is now?

It’s ridiculous. He IS a great striker there’s simply no disputing it. Just like van Persie was before leaving Arsenal. Likes of Wes Brown, John O Shea have illustrious careers if trophies are the main barometer.

Nobody can say Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier weren’t incredible players because of their lack of trophies.

If Kane breaks the goal record he deserves his place at the table.

3 Likes

He hasn’t though has he, apart from setting records for spurs and England what’s he achieved, last I heard football is a team game and the point of scoring lots of goals is to win games and win trophies.
I could compare it to a F1 driver getting pole position every race setting the most fastest laps but never get on the podium
A great striker undoubtedly but in the whole scheme of things next to other great PL strikers he’s not on my list

1 Like

Henry is the best striker in PL history, of course he’s better than Kane.

2 Likes

When people talk about Le Tissier, the phrase “big fish in a small pond” is often used to describe him but he had a personality and most neutral supporters liked his attitude.

With Shearer he did at least win a PL title, then went to Newcastle because it was his home town club and he wanted to try and make it successful like Keegan had done.

Kane might be a great goal scorer but he is famous for winning nothing.
It doesn’t help he’s spent his career at a club we despise and is one of the biggest cheats in the PL, although this is obviously a biased opinion against him from an Arsenal point of view. :grinning: