Happy New Year!

Happy new year to all, except those named Jake.

2 Likes

Happy New Year

I can happily run with this.

Happy New Year OA et al minus Jake

4 Likes

I’m a rebel, so happy new year @JakeyBoy

2 Likes

Ahh, we’ve all been there

Well yeah, you definitely have because you only watch shit films

:pensive::pensive:

Maybe he was watching Jane MacDonald in his pants when you knocked.

1 Like

That is not a nice thought. Thanks.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, other than anything Leo is in, I watch really really really rubbish films too.

1 Like

Agreed.

Leo films are great. Even the crap ones he makes watchable.

(Apart from the Revenant, J Edgar and Gangs of New York- they are beyond salvation)

Yeah the Revenant was pretty bad I thought. I know Leo got his best actor Oscar for that, but I always felt like it was a case of “look, there is no standout this year, Leonardo DiCaprio deserves an Oscar for something, let’s just give him this one”.

1 Like

What’s your favourite Leo film @Phoebica?

I reckon she’ll say Titanic

Romeo & Juliet is my guess.

I reckon you’re wrong!

@Bl1nk Wolf of Wall Street or Basketball Diaries. Special mention to Romeo and Juliet too, that’s when I fell in love with him.

1 Like

The Departed, Phoebs!

4 Likes

It’s because it delt with a period of injustice, the Academy is literally obsessed with looking like the righteous hand of social fairness, which is a shame because genuinely superb performances go by the wayside to political correctness and appeasement.

Di Caprio could have won for a handful of different roles, Catch me if you can, Shutter Island, The Departed, Wolf.

Sad really but I genuinely think it all goes back to Brando making the Academy look like complete frauds years ago by refusing to accept his reward in relation to the treatment of the native Americans and their representation.

In all honesty they’ve always been a bit of a sham.

6 Likes

Ah yes, Shutter Island. Forgot about that one. He was superb in that.