Darren Huckerby

Del Piero and Trezeguet - I win

7 Likes

Trundle?
Lita
Earnshaw
Nugent

Phillips did it in the big league

Also Salva, Corea and Kiko for Atletico. IIRC Kiko waved his wages to help his club

Charlie Austin should probably get a shout as well, even though he had a couple of decent seasons in the premier league.

Also Steve Bull, although I guess he would of been better pre-92

1 Like

Jamie Vardy and Ian Wright and Giroud

2 Likes

I think bull spent majority of the 90’s below premier league with Wolves but I could be wrong.

He was but his most prolific seasons were 87-91

Let’s not lower the tone.

(But yes, he was good)

Pierre van Hooijdonk? @SDGooner @Bl1nk

The mighty Jamie Cureton. He’s had more clubs than I’ve had hot dinners, but one of those clubs was Colchester during our short stay in the Championship. He won the golden boot.

He went on to be a coach at Arsenal I believe, not sure if he still is.

With lower League you mean the English lower league’s? I’ve only known van Hooijdonk since he joined Feyenoord in 2001.

He’s still playing, I think

Well into his 40’s :grin:

I don’t think he played in the Championship, think he was sold.

Who’s that striker that played for Hull? Northern lad

His Wikipedia page says he did play one season for Nottingham in the First Division/Championship.

Brian Deane. Also it’s before '92 but David Hirst was one of the top PL strikers for a few seasons and Fergie wanted him.

97/98 he was kicking arse with Forest. @SDGooner (We were obviously frying bigger fish)

Jordan Rhodes?

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking Rhodes too. The ones who scream “Championship” are the likes of him and Billy Sharp, David Nugent, Chris Martin, Ross McCormack… the ones who moved around a lot and scored goals everywhere.

Lewis Grabban has played for about 87 EFL clubs as well.