Greatest lower league strikers since 1992

Wasn’t Ade Akinbiyi a beast in the lower leagues?

Jonathan Soriano had a nice goal record for Red Bull Salzburg.

Nice goal from him against Ajax in the Europa League:

He was another of those players who had a new club every season. There are a lot of those in the EFL.

1 Like

I dont care if his best seasons were pre 92, I’m still gonna shout Steve Bull here. Bloke scored 102 goals in 113 games across two seasons and was capped 13 times for England whole in the lower leagues. For me he’s a bit of a general cult hero.

He definitely could have moved up at several points in his career, but then you wonder if it would be worth rolling the dice in such a way or basically staying at Wolves for his whole career and becoming enough of a legend to have a stand named after you. I’m glad he stayed, good to see a local lad remain loyal to his local side.

He seems like a top bloke and I loves hearing him talk through his time in football on the Quickly Kevin 90s football podcast. Once again I’m here recommending that podcast, though I think some of our overseas users might struggle badly with his Wolverhampton accent lol

1 Like

You can’t beat a bit of Bully!

John McGinley done a decent job for Millwall and Bolton a couple of times in the championship.

Dean Windass

Rickie Lambert

Grant Holt

1 Like

Kevin Phillips takes the cake, he actually scored 30 goals in the top flight in 99/2000.

2 Likes