Granit Xhaka

Thought he was pretty good in the second half after a poor first half.

1 Like

A better team would have punished in the first half, with the mistakes he made.

Playing half decent against Newcastle is not good enough in my opinion.

1 Like

I thought he was scrappy enough tbh, on an another day that costs you.

1 Like

Making him the captain means that heā€™s the first name on the teamsheet pretty every game so unfortunately itā€™ll Ceballos, Guendouzi and Torreira being sacrificed for him.

Hitting a long diagonal to the left is not exactly a reason to keep him around.

Him fronting up to the away fans after a diabolical performance is not a reason to keep him around.

The fact he trains hard is not a reason to keep him around.

Heā€™s too slow on the ball, too slow to think and canā€™t run.

2 Likes

Another one cockblocking better players from game time.

Iā€™m not seeing the good performance you guys are saying if Iā€™m honest.

I wish he wasnā€™t a guaranteed starter.

3 Likes

Some people believe that his ability to switch play by hitting a long ball is useful. Iā€™d argue that heā€™s way too slow in switching play. A midfield of Torreira (good) and Matteo is raw but at least theyā€™re both mobile.

2 Likes

Jonjo Shelvey can do his job which is actually funny

4 Likes

And yet people act like heā€™s got a really valuable skillset which the squad needs. Iā€™d trade a long diagonal to the left for someone who can concentrate for 90 minutes any day of the week.

1 Like

And even that just slows play down. From the time it takes for Xhaka to ping it, for the time of flight of ball as the receiving player and defenders are waiting for it, then controlling a faster ball takes longer too.

Yawn. So unsatisfying.

Guendo Willock Mkhi short pass 1-2s when I saw them, like twice today weā€™re so much faster and threatening.

Of course nothing came from them (Mkhi) but still.

1 Like

Itā€™d be okay if he wasnā€™t so slow. Heā€™s so easy to dribble past and canā€™t get back because of his lack of pace. I almost donā€™t know how he is as slow as he is. But whenever he gives the ball away he canā€™t redeem himself because of it.

1 Like

Unfortunately slows our tempo down everytime he is on the ball - need to get rid as will eventually start costing us games and results. The whole team around him has moved on and actually gone up a few gears.

3 Likes

Catch 22 situation with this dood right now. If we keep winning Xhaka will probably still be first choice in midfield. I was expecting a poor start with Xhaka being the main culprit now that Mustafi isnā€™t in the team. We won despite his shit play, and I hope we keep winning but he needs to be excluded from the starting xi sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

If you look at Xhakaā€™s pass map, everything he does goes to the left. Highly predictable but that could well be an Emery tactic which also has Guendouzi serving the right side.

Safety first I guess :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Soon my friend, soon you will be watching the game with Musti and Kola from the sidelines.:eyes:

1 Like

I swear if this wasteman walks back into the team Emery can get fucked

1 Like

Will play against Liverpool I reckon.

We might finally move on from this wasteman :raised_hands:

2 Likes

He still doesnā€™t convince me that heā€™s up to the Premier League, and rumors of Emery wanting him to be captain just doesnā€™t fill me with hope. Heā€™s only player out of the bunch that needs chucking out that I donā€™t know how Emery feels about. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he plays nearly every game in the PL. I hope heā€™s fazed out over the season for the likes of Willock or Guendouzi and is sold in the summer.

:key: :put_litter_in_its_place: