Gonzalo Higuaín

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :giroud::giroud2:

3 Likes

I bet Sarri makes Giroud look really reslly good for Napoli, if this happens.

He will be on his NT form most of the time.

Could/should have happened 3 years ago!He’s now 3 years older and $$$$$ higher! But this deal is too good to be true!!

Anyway I don’t mind letting the Giroud swap, I know we want to add a striker not lose one, but Higuain would double Giroud’s figures, and he fits our style more.

80m?
Forget it.
What kind of market price is that?

Shocking…

:facepalm:

That’s us, done. Icardi anyone?
+1 :facepalm:

All the news from journalists who aren’t Gianluca Di Marzio, are shit. Ciro Venerate, the journalist who have mentioned a meeting in midweek between Arsène and De Laurentiis in London, it’s like Emanuele Giulianelli, is one of italian journalists good enough to write for Talksport.

If the rumor from Di Marzio is true, Arsenal will try to offer 50M + Giroud to persuade Napoli. Higuain wants to leave and next week I’m sure, will join Napoli’s training ground and will unleash an earthquake to be sold.

After spending 50m plus Giroud to get Higuain, we are down to 1 true striker and 50m less to purchase.

Is this a good business?

If it’s true that he’s in the market for sale, I’m afraid it would be a fucking auction! PSG for example would pay them what they want, if Conte wanted him at Chelsea they’d have a better chance than us. I hope we’re more serious and determined to seal our business this time.

I’d rather to end up with Higuain than Giroud. He’ll score more goals than him and he fits to our style more.

With a world class striker like Higuain, I could accept to have Asano or Walcott or Sanchez as reserves.

I am not sure though.
To spend 50m, it is okay. No doubt I would prefer Higuain than Giroud also.
You know, with Arsenal’s luck, one injury, and we need to rely on Theo/Asano?
If this is the one major and last transaction that we are going to make, I probably will add a few more millions to snatch him up, but keep Giroud as #2 to compete with him, and use as a rotation/backup.
So if Higuain is injured, we have have Giroud to maintain our usual level.

Higuain wants to play every game, Giroud at 29 will not accept to be his scullion. They can’t play together because they make the same movements.

I agree with you, with Giroud on the bench and Higuain as starter Arsenal could have one of best packages of the World, but isn’t real a scenario like this.

That’s what a good manager can do about, to talk things out.
If Wenger could sweet talk Ozil and Sanchez to come here, I believe he can sweet talk Higuain to share some playing time and sweet talk Giroud to accept a secondary/supporting role.

On paper, Higuain >> Giroud, our starting lineup looks better; but overall our squad is still shorthanded. Mr Penny-pincher Wenger won’t spend on another proven/established striker to support Higuain after spending 50m. That’s why I am against this player + money deal.

What?!!! Higuain moves forward and makes runs behind defense, Giroud moves backwards with is arse to the defense to hold up the ball. Giroud slows the game, Higuain completes our play. not saying Giroud is a total fuck up, but we should only use him when the game calls for him. They can also play together at some point,Giroud can stay in the box, with Higuain coming from behind to open spaces.

3 Likes

If Arsène will pay his release clause trying to keep them together, will be forced to sell Giroud because the frenchman will ask to be sold, 100% sure. Imagine you, many unexperienced players have refused to join Napoli because were sure to be under the argentinian.

If Gianluca Lapadula, a second division striker, has refused to be his reserve, imagine you Olivier Giroud.

Better to have Higuain to gel with the players ASAP.
We can’t afford to have him spend a couple of months to get used to new environment or getting injured without have a proper striker as backup, if Giroud is gone.