1 Like

Auf Wiedersehen, Basti! All the best!

1 Like

German legend.

2 Likes

A truly german legend!

My legend.

All the best, Basti.

Podolski’s farewell match will be against England next year. Sucks that his last game has to be a loss. :frowning:

1 Like

Typical arrogant average english. When was the last time you won the World Cup? :ozil2: :coq:

4 Likes

A joke by Jogi???
Basti’s last game was against Finland… easy game
Poldi’s last game will be against England…
Well, at least the matchup alone is more entertaining…

It’s a friendly… Apart from Doc no one will care. The only meaningful win England have over Germany was 50 years ago.

1 Like

Nah, I only really start caring when the tournaments roll around. The friendlies and qualifiers are boring as sin.

Though I do watch them occasionally.

Thanks to Joachim who hasn’t risked Mustafi :pray:

No Loew at Arsenal then. :gunnersaurus:

1 Like

All time leading WC goalscorer Miroslav Klose retires to start a coaching career with the German NT.

2 Likes

Legend.

2 Likes

Hats off to him. Legend.

1 Like

Anything to keep him klose to the squad

2 Likes

Squad against Italy and San Marino:

Goakeepers: Bernd Leno, Manuel Neuer, Marc-André ter Stegen
Denfenders: Jerome Boateng, Yannick Gerhardt, Jonas Hector, Benjamin Henrichs, Benedikt Höwedes, Mats Hummels, Joshua Kimmich, Shkodran Mustafi, Sebastian Rudy, Jonathan Tah
Midfielders: Julian Brandt, Serge Gnabry, Leon Goretzka, Ilkay Gündogan, Sami Khedira, Toni Kroos, Max Meyer, Thomas Müller, Julian Weigl
Attackers: Mario Gomez, Mario Götze, Kevin Volland

Apart from a few ham-fisted guys like Rudy, Höwedes, Hector, Meyer and Khedira, this is a rather talented lot.
@Luca_from_Italy are you bringing Balotelli?

Our call-ups are usually made on sunday :wink:

I see a bunch of young kids and qualities there…

A very smooth transition after unloading Lahm, Per, Schweini and Poldi. 2018 should be the last tournament for Khedira.

However, IMO, Gomez should be gone also (same as Howedes). Low/DFB should look for something new, not an over-the-prime striker.

p.s. Hector is good enough to be there…