German NT Thread

Absolutely not.
Even though the system is not in place to handle racism well, in Chelsea fans’ case, they are still adults.
Adults with clear conscience & enough education to know what racism is.
They were not from some third world country with no exposure to black community & this was their first instance of coming across one.
They were individuals who lived in country like England & in vicinity to London, so they knew what they were doing.

Punishing them is correct thing to do.

As for why they are not in my equation is because I am talking about people who are not racist but can’t be genuine because they have to pussyfoot around other races. I am talking about large proportion of white community who just want to go about their life with a ‘let live’ ideology but they have to be constantly measure their words & action around other races, to avoid any mistranslation or misinterpretation.
This pussyfooting will only lead to racism always lingering in people’s mind & different races always having a barrier between them.

It’s not muddle viewpoints, It’s a combination of me not conveying it properly and your unwillingness to not think in broad terms.

If you have seen Big Bang Theory, the characters ‘Raj’ & ‘Howard’ are perfect for what I view as a genuine environment for racism to wither off.

Howard makes fun of Raj, his accent, his culture, his background but since Raj is cool with it & doesn’t shout racism at all instance, they have a genuine bond.

Imagine if Howard had to be diplomatic around Raj at all times, that would not have been conducive for a good friendship & would have to be highly pretentious because Howard had to suppress his innate tendency to have a laugh.

Current society prohibits this. You can’t have a laugh, you can’t post a picture of black person with something negative, you can’t use certain words, you can’t criticise, you have to become a robot.

You’re talking about two close friends, the dynamic is therefore totally different to when you’re discussing how strangers interact. Lots of my mates are ethnic minorities and between us, we sometimes make jokes and comments that wouldn’t be acceptable in public, the workplace or anywhere you interact with people who aren’t your best bud.

Also, were having a political/societal discussion and you’re presenting the fucking big bang theory as something to be taken seriously :laughing: I’m done

No it fucking doesn’t. It asks people to be considerate of their surroundings and environment and the reach their words or social media post have.

2 Likes

What have I started :grimacing:

1 Like

There’s no way you could have possibly known posting tweets making accusations of racism might cause a discussion! :wink:

1 Like

Of course but I want to extend it to everyone in a manner where I am not suggesting people start mocking strangers but have the society open enough to not go gung ho over a simple social media post or a print on a shirt.

But how far?
Look at this very thread.
You guys have taken an innocent post and made it look racist.
What you guys encouraging here is a fearful environment where people will start excluding minorities from everything bar appreciation.

No I didn’t.

The good old @Trion. Always causing troubles.

Eh? This is a healthy discussion.

Yep, neither did I. I was actually very explicit about that but never mind eh lol

purposely missing the point.
I wasn’t accusing you two specifically.

This discussion began with an accusation which points out the exact issue I have with the current environment.

Your post quoted both of us and said, “you guys”. We aren’t purposefully missing the point, it absolutely looked like you were addressing the two of us, particularly shammy.

Express yourself better.

Fine whatever, replace ‘you guys’ with ‘few posters’.

Since the focus is more on semantics rather than the gist of my post, I guess I have made my point clear.

Not even close. :slight_smile:

I will dumb it down for you later

We aren’t needlessly focusing on semantics here, we commented in response to you clearly seeming to make an inaccurate accusation. You’ve now clarified, so that’s fine, it’s now understood who you were talking about.

Rather self aggrandising of you to seem to think that means that you’ve made your point and we have no response, but whatever makes you happy.

This has run its course so let’s leave it there. I’m going to anyway. I find you and your views to be rather dislikable so maybe it’s best I don’t engage with you further on any sort of political or social issue.

views regarding eradicating racism is dislikeable…wow

You do this time & time again.
Each discussion you take a firm stance with no room to open your mind. and when you lose interest, you grab some semantics or something to find a way out.

Dislike for me is one thing & acceptable but come the fuck on.
Nothing in this thread regarding racism was dislikeable, rather it’s on a very idealistic unrealistic stance wherein I am advocating an open environment. That should be furthest from any dislike.

You & your liberal white knight tendencies

Wait, I am talking to guys who made food based insult a racist thing. :joy:

What a waste of time!

When seeing this debate or whatever you wanna call it, is still going on,

Anyways, Germany are going through a bad patch, like everyone does at some point in sport, it’s their cycle to go through a bad time, but they’ll bounce back.