George Graham

Asprilla, Zola, Brolin

And we beat them without our main striker.

4 Likes

How about Sam Allardyce losing the England job.

3 Likes

Even fat England managers have gotta eat. I don’t begrudge him a bung :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

They sacked him but they will of paid extra for his silence. He could of blew the gaff on the whole set up.

3 Likes

Not legitimised if he lost his job over it :grin:

Well obviously he was explaining how it worked in the modern day game. So basically it’s fucking rife.

1 Like

Was rife back then as well though :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Er yeah that’s the point. Difference is there’s ways of making it legal now.

1 Like

He won the League, the FA Cup and a European trophy, as a player.
As a manager, he won the League twice, League Cup twice, the FA Cup and the European Cup Winners Cup, as well as losing in the final.

When he won the League title against Liverpool he did it with a team costing around 3m, with two players from Colchester and the most expensive was Alan Smith for 900k but mostly players brought through the youth team.

He also assembled and coached one of the best defences in Europe for around 1m which went on to win league titles for him and Wenger.

The players he left that Wenger went on to have success with were::
Seaman
Dixon
Winterburn
Adams
Bould
Keown
Parlour
Wright

As for the bung, most clubs and managers were into dodgy deals and he wasn’t earning much more than a few thousand a week but the situation made it convenient for the club to get rid of him.

Graham won’t get a statue but I can’t think of many other people involved with the club that have done more than him.

3 Likes

Fabregas is more of a legend than Graham

I’m not sure why you are trying to get a bite from people lol

2 Likes

It’s my genuine opinion fuck off prick

4 Likes

.:joy:

Be nice to Callum :joy:

3 Likes

I can’t think of much that Fabregas did for the club that makes him more of a legend than Graham.

George Graham has won most of this at Arsenal

main_trophy_cabinet

Fabregas has won this at Arsenal

I’m not sure why that makes him more of a legend but, as you say, it’s your opinion.

2 Likes

:fishing_pole_and_fish::fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

A picture tells a thousand words, my friend. :grin:

3 Likes

I love how this is used as a reason for his greatness, but when you look into it further Liverpool found Bruce Gobbelaar at Crewe Alexandra (4th Division), Ian Rush at Chester City (3rd division) and Alan Hansen at Partick Thistle (2nd tier of Scottisch football at the time).

Don’t get me wrong. Graham’s achievements speak for themselves. But don’t spout rubbish. It was common at that time to get players from the lower Leagues, it seems.

3 Likes

But we got players from the lower leagues to play alongside only home grown players or that were very cheap.

Liverpool might have got the occasional player from a lower league but their team was already stacked with some of the best players in Europe.

1 Like

As far as I know Hansen and Rush are two of their biggest stars from that 70s/80s era… who both came from the lower Leagues. That is why I looked them up. Who are those star players? Dalglish?

Arsenal too added enough established First Division players.

2 Likes