George Graham

5 Likes

Love it

4 Likes

Arsenal won this 6 2 in a pre season friendly. Lost 2 0 in Lisbon a few days before.

4 Likes

Those retro shirts were great. :grinning:

3 Likes

I’ve got one of those. I wear it to away games.

(Long sleeved, mind you)

2 Likes

Nothing but pure class .

3 Likes
5 Likes

Love it

3 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

Love it

1 Like

I absolutely love throwback pictures like this.

2 Likes

They are , the own downside is ‘where exactly has the time gone !’
Bloody scary that the 90’s are 30 years ago . Where the hell has that gone !

4 Likes

Love it, Big Kev went in for the fresh trim that morning with patterns as well.

Haha I swear I was thinking this the other day when I was watching an episode of friends.

1 Like

He was unbelievable in the transfer market when he first came here.
He assembled a whole defence from youth players and cheap signings like Dixon, Winterburn, Bould, who also went on to win the PL title with Wenger.

The same with our midfield, nearly all from the youth team or cheap signings like Groves, Richardson and Limpar.

He also bought two top strikers.
Smith for 900k, who was the top goal scorer in the league and then Wright for 2m, who was even better.

He won two league titles, an FA Cup, two League Cups and the European Cup Winners Cup in eight seasons and was then sacked after winning the FA Cup and League Cup double and the European Cup Winners Cup, in previous seasons.

How he hasn’t got a statue, after winning almost everything as a player and manager, is amazing.

5 Likes

That’s surely down to the way he left the club as manager? Like the higher ups of the time couldn’t be seen to reward someone with a statue after sacking him for the reasons they did.

Of course we now have Stan who wasn’t part of things then, but I doubt he cares enough about club history to change any stance on that.

6 Likes

This is probably true tbf.

1 Like

11 Likes

I’m sorry I ever compared Mikel Arteta to you

2 Likes