General News

Horrendous and also made much harder for other rape cases.
You really want women groups castigating her as well.

6 Likes

Some have to be honest.

When people thought this woman was telling the truth, there was a crowdfunding that raised over Ā£20,000 to help with her legal costs.

Her mum has since tried to give that money to womenā€™s charities and the charities have publicly refused it.

1 Like

I think they should take it tbh.

2 Likes

Agreed, better than her having it.

2 Likes

Assuming this was all done on one of those crowdfunding/fundraising websites, it should be fairly straightforward for the organisation to refund all donors, if this woman/her mum still has the full sum, which they seem likely to if theyā€™re offering it about to charities. Probably the right thing to do ultimately, as none of those donors explicitly gave permission for the funds to be given to any specific charity.

2 Likes

I saw a couple of days ago some of the statements the men had given on how their lives had been affected, being hounded online, getting death threats. One of them described how loads of his neighbours put up posters in their windows about how this woman deserved ā€œjusticeā€ for the invented attacks.

I do get that these cases undermine genuine prosecutions, however I do think when they arise the focus should be on the justice for those that are targeted with malicious allegations.

2 Likes

Agree completely!

That said, however this case is messed up in so many ways. The accused obviously had large parts of their lives destroyed potentially irreparably. Her life too will never be the same (less sympathy) but to do to herself what she did, there is something seriously wrong with her. I think she needs therapy as much as anything elseā€¦

I think this case is different from most false accusations in terms of the lengths she went to (it is something I would think unbelievable in a movie)

2 Likes

While weā€™re on the subjectā€¦

42 people :frowning:

Youā€™d think one of those cunts would have the decency to know the difference between right and wrong

2 Likes

There was a similar case a few years ago where a 6th former accused a boy of raping her leading to his witch hunt, culminating in his suicide then followed by the suicide of his mother at which point she then finally came out and admitted to lying about it.

Just awful all around.

Something similar happened at my university. A female student accused a male student of rape. He was arrested and while he was being held in the city jail his mugshot was plastered all over local newspapers. After a couple of months the female student confessed that the sex was consensual and she accused him because she wanted to cover up her sexual activity from her conservative parents (not sure why she had to ruin a guys life to do that).

The guy was let go and charges dropped but he had to relocate to another university and state entirely.

Not to say this is common at all but it is some scary shit to happen to a guy.

1 Like

To an extent I agree in so much as itā€™s an unusual case. But false allegations are not unusual.

She may well need therapy, but her issues donā€™t matter. Those she has committed crimes against matter. If those she accused had been convicted nobody would talk about what therapy they might need.

The subject is false allegations. Is that what they are?

No, these are true.

Eh? All but one are Muslim names.
What sort of list is this? Is this a single case where 42 were involved or 42 different instances?

I think 3 names.

Same case against 6 girls.

Very sad. Ruins childhoods.

1 Like

Not really on subject then :slight_smile:

Horrible to think something like this is happening in UK.

1 Like

If thatā€™s what you took out of this, then I canā€™t help you

Not sure you can even help yourself, let alone anyone else.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to think that child safeguarding is moving forward and it is becoming more commonplace for professionals to identify the signs of exploitation.

I hope that we can do better in ā€œactioningā€ a raised concern.