General News

Sons fleece dads every week.

3 Likes

Lineker to step down from MOD

Edit: sorry, worded ā€œstep backā€ not step down

1 Like

I told my dad I liked the tie he was wearing and he very dramatically took it off and handed it to me saying ā€œIā€™ve given you everything I have now.ā€

1 Like

Awww, he loves you Josh.

Yeah, despite me being a huge disappointment in terms of my career. Heā€™s a great dad.

1 Like

Every country seems to be doing this now

1 Like

She just needs to completely fck off especially from QT

Tbh QT can fuck off itā€™s well had itā€™s day.

1 Like

The format has had its day. Just donā€™t invite politicians on it, and it will be watchable.

2 Likes

@Calum I got a notification from my office that starting Wednesday all phones that have the government security certificate installed to access our mail suite canā€™t have TikTok installed. Definitely a big crack down.

(Whether we should have to use our private phones to install a government security certificate that tells us explicitly prior to installation that it can read and write data on our phones is another question. Makes me want to buy a cheap smart phone just for work stuff.)

2 Likes

Do they not provide you a phone?

Yeah that seems mad to me

They donā€™t and my boss was (rightfully) pissed about it. Nobody likes the policy and it applies to all state government employees. I guess thereā€™s an argument to be made that some employees donā€™t need access to their email all the time and can probably do their jobs just fine checking email from a computer or tablet without having it on their phones. I probably fall into that category since Iā€™m usually at home working on my computer or at the office once a week with my work issued laptop or at Starbucks with my work issued laptop.

But itā€™s still a ridiculous ask to have employees be in the position of choosing between their own privacy and being able to access email anywhere. Some people in my agency work on really time sensitive stuff. I canā€™t imagine their supervisors would be jazzed to hear a lecture about personal privacy being the reason they didnā€™t respond to an urgent email.

1 Like

Mad. They actually just introduced a policy in my department banning the use of personal phones for work emails. It was 100% a security thing and nothing else. Obviously the read/write system you outlined would never fly in an EU country.

2 Likes

So thereā€™s some history here.

A few years ago the City of Baltimore got hacked with ransomware which locked up the water utility billing system for months, it was so bad that they had to scrap the portal and start over.

Then the Department of Health was hit with a ransomware and it locked up websites for months. It lead to stuff like stopping nurses from renewing their licenses online and instead, having to do it in person.

And against that history you also have some fears about TikTok and whatā€™s being done with all that data (and whoā€™s doing it). So itā€™s not entirely out of the blue that theyā€™d want to clamp down on security. Itā€™s just absolutely ridiculous that theyā€™d pair that security with something that is a clear invasion of personal space.

Look at all you talking about work phones :sob:

If be delighted if one of the 5 ward PCs turns on within 3 mins.

Not point to this post, just feeling sorry for myself

4 Likes

Even once it does turn on, youā€™d have no luck with SystmOne

3 minsā€¦ I assume when you finally get rid of them you donate them and they become school computersā€¦

1 Like

Appalling case. Three of the men she accused attempted suicide.

5 Likes