General News

I’m not on social media platforms, so I get caught off guard by these silly arguments.

It’s like performative outrage.

1 Like

I saw him called a fisherman a “fisherthem” recently. I already knew it would be better for me to just ignore him

1 Like

It would be easier to just call people by their names in the first place

My issue here was that it should clearly be “fisherperson”. Can’t expect Bob to get your pronouns right when you don’t seem to understand how they work yourself :grin:

2 Likes

There is no reason for you to feel this way. If you make an error correct it and move on. It’s potentially a problem you may never even face really.

2 Likes

I’d be genuinely surprised if more than 5% of people that complain about this being a problem have ever had it be a problem at a single moment in their actual lives.

I know 3 people that actively don’t use their most obvious pronouns. I’ve not heard any of them correct anyone when they’re not used correctly. And most of the time when it happens it’s the person doing it correcting themselves, but nobody is treading on eggshells.

If you did actually come across some militant pronouns fundamentalist then great job, you came across one of life’s cunts. They’re out there in every walk of life.

4 Likes

If people have a problem with gendered pronouns it’s probably best to learn a language which isn’t English

Yeah but you’re not doing something shitty like calling him derogatory names. It’s totally normal to not immediately remember a celebrity who has been in the public eye for fifteen years only transitioned recently.

Is there a good reason for us to continue subsidising the food and drink of these £84k plus a year cunts? Surely they should just pay for their own fucking lunches in their entirety, like the rest of us who have jobs?

That’s a good cooked meal for three odd fucking quid, no normal person is able to get that meal at that price. The cunts have the money to pay normal prices. I’m on less than half that and nobody is subsidising my lunch when I’m in central London at work lol.

8 Likes

Teacher strikes again today. Feel like public enemy number one at my school as not many teachers are striking. Two more days planned for two weeks time in the Midlands. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

1 Like

How come they aren’t striking? personal choice or because their unions didn’t meet the threshold?

A mixture of the two to be honest plus the third of finance. Three strike days planned this month. Three days without pay is a lot of people’s s disposable income gone.

1 Like

They can chalk anything up to expenses - travel, bills, food.

And get a £84000 salary. Minus tax pensions etc. All of that is disposable income. Barely any goes into expenditure.

Meanwhile…

1 Like

8 Likes

No way “pro Ukraine” forces can omit Swedish and Danish navy forces and sabotage the pipeline without anyone knowing about it.

I didn’t strike on the 1st. I recently changed schools and felt striking against the pay and conditions I had directly negotiated with my new school only a matter of weeks previously wasn’t really on. Also, said pay and conditions and the cut in my commuting costs mean I’m now fairly comfortable whereas before the fuel cost especially was putting me under pressure so I don’t feel such urgency to strike and hit myself in the pocket.

Isn’t it a collective thing though and what you should make the call on?

3 Likes

I thought Sweden and Denmark already did their own investigation, but wont release the findings?

I probably would have thought that way before the pandemic, when I still subscribed to left wing thinking but no I don’t think so.

If you have common cause with people then it makes sense to work together to improve your situation. And before I got the new position I was very much on board, and I still hope the profession is successful in its strikes. But, at the end of day, I solved the problems posed by the cost of living crisis for myself. Why should I put myself back into those problems, why should I impact my ability to look after myself or my daughter, for other people?

During the pandemic many of the teachers I worked with, much like people in general didn’t want to make the slightest concession to the worries I had. Why am I going to sacrifice for the profession now?

Is it sad and wrong that inexperienced teachers can’t afford to live and eat? Of course. Does that even remotely compare in my priorities to me and my daughter? Of course not.