General News

The Danish and Swedish investigations are still on-going.

Well if even US officials and intelligence in the NYT mention itā€™s pro Ukrainian forces. You can bet soon the Swedish and Danish investigations are concluded. :slight_smile:

If it was the Russians sabotaging their own pipeline instead of turning off the tap, we would have had a dozen articles about it by now.

Absolutely it does. Why are you in the union then?
Just for a bit of protection if things go wrong on a personal level.
Just for a bit of representation if you hit a bit of a tough time with your sick record.
You hope the strikes work out for the people your walking past on a picket line.
How does that work if your aiding the institution thatā€™s inflicting the issues on the people on strike.
Nah fucking bollocks that mate.

Yeah Iā€™m in the union for all of those things, membership isnā€™t free, theyā€™re not some benevolent entity helping everyone for the sake of it.

This strike isnā€™t hitting the DfE in any meaningful way anyway, only one union is actually striking and there isnā€™t even a picket line to walk past at a lot of schools, mine included.

But even if there were, I can still hope it works for them without having to give up hundreds of pounds I need. And yeah at the end of day, I support to a point and no further, itā€™s not worth would it would cost for me.

As you put it, bollocks that.

1 Like

Did your union vote to strike?

Yes, and I took part in the first day, because it took place before I left my previous school.

I donā€™t owe my union anything though. Participating in industrial action isnā€™t a requirement of membership.

Would striking for a few days really put you back into the financial problems you solved by getting a new job on new terms and drastically cutting your commuting costs?

In the short term, certainly. And since Iā€™ve had to worry about the short term quite a lot in the last year, Iā€™m not going back to that.

Its a shame that showing solidarity with your colleagues isnā€™t affordable.

1 Like

It would have been leaked already :slight_smile:

Picket line or feed my kid? I know what I would chose for sure :hugs:

You owe them the right to abide by the result of the ballot.
I mean thats democracy in anybody language. Yeah?

2 Likes

Not even the union itself thinks that.

Lol wtf bro are you serious? A membership is not binding to its memebers its voluntary

So I mean you quoted before you negotiated your own terms that see you okay.
I presume anything won by the union on pay you will refuse as unnecessary and turn down then.

2 Likes

Im very serious and why I wonā€™t be entertaining you about it.

4 Likes

Again voluntary

Why would I do that?

Also, I work for an academy, which set their own pay scales so thereā€™s no guarantee that a pay deal would directly impact me or anyone I work with.

Some people donā€™t understand the protection the union gives is part of the service you pay for. Anything else you participate in is voluntary and not mandatory

Let them eat cake it is then.

2 Likes