General News

Bloody hell. I hope anyone that has family in these regions are all safe.

5 Likes

ā€œOne of the largest instrumentally-recorded onshore strike-slip earthquakes to take a direct hit at a populated areaā€

:frowning:

Itā€™s a horrible tragedy indeed and my heart goes out to everyone involved. Iā€™ve experienced a minor earthquake a few years ago in Sicily and its one of the scariest strangest things Iā€™ve gone through.
They still talk about the 1980 earthquake in southern Italy which devastated the region so I really hope the whole country pulls together :heart: :pray:

Thereā€™s been a second earthquake, 7.5-7.7 magnitude in a similar region again. People are getting pummeled in that region, fucking hell.

Last figure I read was 1400 dead. Awful. :frowning:

Terrible news.

Unfortunately this will keep happening as we are overcrowding this planet and building shoddy constructions to save a few pennies.

1 Like

Can understand what theyā€™re going through as a similar magnitude earthquake struck my home country a few years back. Awful that so many lives have been lost in this tragedy. Hope these nations can get through this and come out stronger.

1 Like

You actually think this is the answer? No expensive constructions are going to be built on known earthquake zones. Itā€™s always going to be cheaper buildings built on these areas and adding earthquake insurance is astronomical.

1 Like

Some extremely harrowing videos out there

I donā€™t think itā€™s the final answer, but it could have saved lives.

Note to all: maybe avoid sharing them here? Or at least donā€™t embed the actual videos here, but instead just link to them, as I could personally really do without.

7 Likes

Looks like they have found Christian Atsu :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

those reports arenā€™t corroborated yet. The Guardian journalist below had to correct the previous tweet he sent saying Atsu had been found.

Probably not how Iā€™d have phrased it.

1 Like

Ffs

Fortunately he survived it though. :pray:t5:

David Carrick about to be sentenced. Listening to these charges, only a life tariff will be sufficient.

1 Like

36 life sentences

2 Likes

Good, disgusting bastard behind bars for the rest of his life.

Still only 30 years, rather than being given a life sentence for each crime.