General News

Yeah also that, but I unfortunately think the majority of people get in over their head with it which is where it fucks a lot of people.

I’ve used it before as well with no issue, but can definitely see the pitfalls of it and I think the fact that you can use Klarna on Deliveroo now is a slippery slope into financial ruin for a lot of people.

2 Likes

Preys on people for easy profit.

For how long will we suck the poor dry? They barely got anything left

I personally don’t buy anything I can’t afford.

I love klarna tbh.

Bought a massive and comfy dear as fuck footstool from ikea on it last week :joy::heart_eyes:

It’s just a more palatable version of Wonga

1 Like

Don’t they have credit cards where you are?

Well yeah of course.

But a credit card will make you pay for that £400 coat in 30 days.

Klarna lets you pay it off in 3 monthly instalments of £133.33 (interest free).

2 Likes

I know they have rules in place around sentences and when people can be released but how can that repeat offending nonce Gary glitter be out after 8 years ffs? 16 wasn’t enough in the first place.

2 Likes

That’s the issue. Not that someone is released early.

Why is that the issue? The bigger issue is that the cunt is actually amongst society and shouldn’t ever be.

3 Likes

Because if he was given a sentence that matches his crime, he wouldn’t be out.

Giving him 16 years was ridiculous in the first place.

I doubt he’ll be safe out on the streets

Sentencing guidelines for abuse of children need to reviewed. And some offences need to make someone ineligible for early release.

4 Likes

How old is this cunt now anyway? Must be close to a natural death.

Looked about 50 back in the 70s

He’s 78.

So if he had been given a sentence that matched his crime, he would have died in there.

1 Like

True but chances are he dies if he would finished this one.

Paedos are in high places so sentencing is pretty light I guess

1 Like

Maybe. Or maybe he gets released when he’s 86 and we’re still having this conversation.

I mean I could even potentially buy the whole redemption and rehabilitation thing if he wasn’t a serial offender across multiple countries already.

I can’t remember if they could or did take into account his offences abroad, but fuck me it should obviously factor in.

1 Like

I think both are an issue. I’m all for good behaviour and people who genuinely deserve a chance to reintegrate to society but there are some cases where you must also look at the specifics and think nah this guy shouldn’t be on the streets.

I don’t know enough but there shouldn’t be automatic rules in place (which I think there are in the UK), it should be case by case - at least with certain crimes.

Blimey.

He’s about your age then :smirk: