General News

Isn’t the problem with the US that you have insurance companies as middle men between you and your treatment?

Yeah and they’re for profit companies. So they’re constantly looking for ways to maximize their revenue for shareholders and executives.

It’s absolutely insane when you think about it.

My partner had to have emergency surgery at the beginning of July and we wound up in the ER. We got a bill that said the surgery cost something like $4,000 but we had to pay about $250 of that for an ER fee and anesthesia. And we have good insurance! The insurance company paid out the balance to the hospital.

The thing that melts my brain is that we all already pay taxes. That tax money is used to prop up Medicare and Medicaid. And then I have money taken out of my check to pay part of my personal insurance, my employer pays the balance of that premium. How the fuck does that make any sense? Why wouldn’t we all just pay taxes to the government, fold every single private insurance company that only exists to create friction between patients and providers, and have a single payer healthcare system like most industrialized nations? The only reason is that conservatives have successfully branded that type of healthcare as inefficient or scary. Remember Obama having to argue “If you like your insurance plan, you can keep it.” Who "likes’ their insurance? I tolerate my insurance until I get a notice that this or that won’t be covered at the same rate. Or that my dentist has decided not to accept it anymore. It’s just ridiculous.

And the USA could do it. We could probably do it right now. Look at how much we pour into the military every year. It’s obscene. Divert some of that to healthcare ffs.

4 Likes

Be careful what you say, that’s communism!

4 Likes

yeah don’t be a commie @Joshua. No one likes a commie. Sharing is for losers.

2 Likes

So what forecast have your organization given you regarding the current recession?
My firm has predicted that it will last till at least December 2023.

That’s roughly what’s expected but as always not all sectors

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Israel/Palestine

No words.

Yeah, I read that.

Makes for truly shocking reading.

Fucking cunt

1 Like

Ah so are we judging on this case then.

They’re not even talking about it over at RC just shows fans of whatever club will do whatever it takes to avoid discussing flaws of their own

2 Likes

Yeah not many excuses made in this case. What if they had this kind of relationship? Maybe Giggs thought it was ok because he’s head butted her before? I mean if your in a relationship do you really have to ask for consent every time you wish to head but your partner? I’m not even sure this is classed as assault. It’s just a head but…

:arrow_up:sarcasm:arrow_up:

1 Like

People forget, but this guy was banging his own brothers wife for eight years, and his family has basically disowned him.

6 Likes

Zidane got a red card for that mate :joy:

Maybe shouldn’t have put all your eggs in the oil and gas basket

You dumb fucking cunts.

The green lobby demanded the go sustainable and nuclear was unacceptable for the green lobby; so they outsourced traditional energy sources to look greener :rofl:

Is that true because it sounds like nuclear power was being phased out in Germany a while ago because of the meltdown at the Japanese plants.

Following the accident at the Fukushima Daiichi plant in Japan in March 2011, the government of then Chancellor Angela Merkel decided it would phase out its use of nuclear power by the end of 2022 at the latest. Prior to the accident, Germany was obtaining around one-quarter of its electricity from nuclear power.

1 Like

How dare you question the might of the all powerful green lobby. They run the whole world.

Brexit comments inbound