Global Health Emergency my ass :rofl:

No, no. It’s monkeypox, not donkeypox

1 Like

WHO ?

2 Likes

I’m talking about my generation

2 Likes

Didn’t happen

These are the things you will never ever learn from a school teacher, you are there to conform to society

This fat gammon got rekt again love it. The way he turns the questioning back on Ferrari *mwah

8 Likes

What a fucking stupid point anyway. Isn’t the rent in a council house usually linked directly to earnings anyway? So he earns more, he pays more. And rightly fucking so.

1 Like

Shows how ridiculous the whole thing is that he seemed to have his salary written down right in front of him but still decided he’d massively over inflate his salary for the sake of having a better headline quote.

Just another media witch hunt gone terribly wrong for the press

6 Likes

‘6 figure salary’

Outed as lying live on radio or TV or wherever this shit channel is.

Wish lynch asked Ferrari how much he earns and where his accounts are based. And how much tax he paid last year.

Fat cunt.

3 Likes

Such a bizarre point too for elected officials.

They did the same to a Labour MP a few years ago.

It’s not like you’re an investment banker on the track to CEO banking 500k. You could lose that position tomorrow if your electorate decided that’s what they wanted.

Also you’re probably as well off being poor in a council flat in Islington than giving it up and privately renting on 70k :ozil:

2 Likes

At what point do journalists and presenters get called out for putting false information in the air like this? Because Nick Ferrari has literally lied on television despite having the information in front of him. And LBC have titled their tweet to suggest that Eddie Dempsey does in fact earn a ‘six figure salary’. So what we’re now going to get is thousands of people who won’t watch the video but read the headline that now start to spread about the idea that the RMT is run by greedy fucks

3 Likes

I like to believe that I earn a pretty good salary but I also know that even on that salary I couldn’t afford to rent on my own in Islington.

If you take a salary of about £50k *which is way above the UK average) I think the take home (and this is including someone who’s still paying back student loan) is roughly £2850 a month. You rent a one bedroom flat in Islington you’re looking at about £1600 on average in rent. You’re looking at £150 or so in council tax, probably the same type of money in your electricity and gas bill and a few hundred pound on other utilities and bills.

So you’re probably talking about spending £2,100-2,200 just to fund living in a one bedroom flat in the area. I can’t see why someone who’s recently been elected into a position that pays him £72k should suddenly have to give up council housing he’s absolutely procured through the right channels just so some radio personality can’t criticise him.

According to Foxtons the average rental property in Islington for a three bedroom house is roughly £966 per week so you’re looking at around £4,000 per month which is all of Eddie Dempsey’s salary just paying for his rent. But obviously because he’s defending rail workers from unfair cuts and treatment from the government he’s now got to uproot himself and rent somewhere far away from where he’s living now to satisfy a group of people that’ll still criticise him anyway.

5 Likes

It’s never been any different.
The media is mainly run by right wing owners who not only distort the truth, they also blatantly lie when it suits them.

Lying to their readers is something the right wing press has always done but since social media and the news coming from so many different areas, they are under more scrutiny.

This is never going to change because owners of the media fund the Tory party, who are more than happy to go along with whatever they say and will just perpetuate the lies.

3 Likes

It’s Russia hiking up energy prices for our poor gas companies, honest!!!

Fucking cartel

Imagine thinking this awful government don’t deserve a mass walkout, strike or riot of everyone until they fuck off out of power never to return.

10 Likes

I only looked up Shell, but those profits seem fairly standard.

Am I missing something ?

Prince William likes to get pegged

1 Like

These two self obsessed airheads epitomise everything that’s wrong with celebrity culture.
Neither of them have any talent and would be nothing without their husband’s money.
They’re just embarrassing their families.

1 Like

Some things should just not get to court.

5 Likes