General News

Leicester 0 - 1 Man. Utd.

1 Like

Lawyers win at the end of the day regardless. Theyā€™ll smile, inflate your chances of success and egg you on throughout knowing they get paid either way win or lose.

I tell people all the time not to be litigious and settle things clean

1 Like

this - the only ones who ever come out of this for either party are the 2 sets of solicitors. True of almost all court battles

1 Like

Guess we know what really happened with Diana now then.

3 Likes

How dare you say such a thing about my beloved inbred vampire family!?

1 Like

Just came across the Archie Battersbee case.

Fuck me.

Poor boy is long dead and being kept in that state for a griftā€¦

No surprises there. That fair is in Dover every year and itā€™s about as safe as swimming in acid.

Need to catch up on it a bit more but from the bits Iā€™m reading so far the Alex Jones trail is going exactly as he deserves it to.

1 Like

This lawsuit should be as famous as Jonny Amber trial

Heā€™s perjured himself multiple times already. His lawyers accidentally or intentionally shared a copy of his entire cellphone with the prosecutor and now the January 6th commission is subpoenaing all of that information.

1 Like

The insane part about that is if youā€™re a lawyer and you inadvertently share some privileged communication with an opposing party you can just simply tell them, ā€œHey, this was a mistake. I did not mean to share this with you, please return the files/thumb drive/whatever.ā€

His lawyers evidentially didnā€™t do that! I canā€™t begin to understand why and itā€™s something that might ultimately get them hauled in front of the Board of Law Examiners because thatā€™s just like entry level stuff.

2 Likes

I keep seeing Pelosi getting really positive feedback for her visit to Taiwan. I think itā€™s just a stupid provocation that doesnā€™t benefit anyone.

2 Likes

Positive feedback from who? Iā€™ve only seem criticism of it. Mostly from lefty outlets though.

1 Like

Mainly comments on news reports to be fair.

Well, yeah, I think the average person is a little confused as to why the Speaker of the House and person third in the Presidential line of succession is choosing to go over there now.

My understanding is that the trip was scheduled for earlier this year and it got pushed because she got COVID.

I did think it was incredibly disingenuous that some Republicans were cheering this on when in reality they donā€™t give a shit about China, Taiwan or anything like that, itā€™s just a chance to drive a wedge between the Speaker and the White House.

2 Likes

Not that it would have made any difference had she gone as originally planned. Pretty dumb move either way up.

1 Like

When the USA is internally crumbling and in a turmoil. Itā€™s easy to distract a few minds by this Taiwan nonsense.

Pity for the US they canā€™t strongarm and bully China as that would be detrimental to the US own economy and China learnt from its past where it was massacred by the Japanese and bullied by the colonial powers of Britain and France (opium wars and mass addiction). They are not going to let that happen again.

2 Likes

Ukraine can only distract people for so long. Need that China back up option :slight_smile: