General News

That such a stupid take it’s amazing.

Illegal migrants being sent somewhere else both as a safety measure and a deterrent is a right wing thing 🫠.

Answer me this why did they through away they ID and passports?

Why have 13 different ways to seek migration to this country, why pay thousands to cross illegally?

Why not stay in France, Spain, Italy and Germany?

Our club literally say “Visit Rwanda” on their shirts. Don’t tell me that is just about the money :astonished:

I am beginning to think there is a racial component to this; it’s like oh it Rwanda in Africa, something happened 30yrs ago, blacks it must be terrible.

Not to long ago if you said a country full of black people was shit was considered racist, now it seems ok to say it’s shit because of our precious migrants.

They are welcome in these countries,it’s the UK turning them away.

As we should, they were there made money, and no France doesn’t want them actually or else we wouldn’t have this problem, the government gave France money to stop the crossing, and the French pretty much said fucked that took the money and left us with the problem.

1 Like

I think the common valid response to this is that English is more widely spoken and understood in the world so its easier to read, understand initially and learn.

Preexisting family connections is one I see alot too which is valid to consider.

Didn’t you want to move to the UAE, because the UK is such a terrible place?

One can imagine being a refugee is tough regardless of which country they stay in. It’s a totally different ball game than being a resident or a tourist at any given country. But one can imagine being a refugee in an African country must be much tougher than on other continents, only because of how Africa is a bit more isolated than other parts of the world.

What do you mean by this? Isolated in what sense?

If we are talking about immigrants from Sub-Saharan Africa there are mostly French or English speaking Africans.

Let’s just be honest here. Most people move to a place where there is either: family or simply for the best economic opportunities. And there is nothing wrong with that, but let’s call a spade a spade.

2 Likes

We’re not though, the refugees of late primarily come from the middle east

They aren’t refugees after passing through multiple safe countries.

If being sent to Rwanda is so great, then surely it isn’t a deterrent? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Africa is quite large and quite diverse a continent, but that hasn’t helped them much mostly because of geographical and climate issues. Can’t find the full article now but here’s a link if you wanna dig it and read about it further.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/5170577_THE_WAR_AGAINST_POVERTY_Out_of_the_Loop_-_Causes_of_Africa’s_Poverty_and_Isolation

What it basically says is, Africa has had it’s disadvantages due to it’s geography and climate, which has sort of affected their ability to trade, and hence has isolated them from doing trade deals with other parts of the world. Trade deal, while not the only factor, but being a vital factor for knitting the different countries together in today’s world.

I dunno enough about this but Yvette Cooper makes a compelling case against it here.

3 Likes

Colonial Middle East is also French or English speaking. So in a way, it remains the same :man_shrugging:t4:

Yeah cos luckily I’m not a refugee, I’m a relatively comfortable middle class guy whose life would he better there.

Like I said in my earlier post that makes a difference.

She is good at rhetoric with meaningless platitudes and no solution.

Ask labour what’s the solution all you you get is safe and legal….

This has muddied the water when it comes to migration, the fact remains nobody has a problem with legal migration and genuine asylum seekers, people have issues with illegal immigration.

Here is a bit of anecdotal information, at my work place one of these illegal immigrants faked his age, pretended to be 16yrs old, turns out he is 24yrs old and wanted in France for drug offences and gbh . Another boy and his friends trafficked in to sex slavery via the channel.

1 Like

It is not as lucrative so definitely a deterent.

1 Like

Not even sure what that means.