General News

Everyone talking about how great and safe Rwanda is clearly hasn’t been there lmao

Because I can assure you from first hand experience it’s neither great nor massively safe.

You’ve rwand my expectations :pensive:

3 Likes

Holy shet that was straight fire in the booth :fire:

1 Like

What colonial Middle East countries are English / French speaking btw?

Lebanon off the top of my head has French as an official language.

And then I’m sure that maybe countries like Jordan and Egypt have English/French as lingua francas but have removed their official status.

1 Like

Yeah I can only really think of Lebanon but would be interested to know what the others are

Lebanon indeed and also Syria and even Palestine.

Iraq, Jordan and Saudi Arabia mostly English. Of course nowadays English dominates more and more everywhere.

The British and French divided the Middle East according to the Sykes-Picot (1916) agreements. That is why many Middle Eastern countries have such trivial straight lines as their border.

Back to anno 2022 - immigrants from anywhere - even those who flee war torn places - mostly move to a) family or b) best economic opportunities. So they will move beyond nations they could already safely reside in, if economics are better elsewhere. For both reasons I don’t blame them, I’d do the same if in a similar situation, but let’s be sincere what the motives are for moving to let’s say England.

Honest to fuck this myth of everyone being subsidised to some great height is so over the top. Most are fighting for years not to be deported.
No real residential address stops the chance of work. Living on measly amount of money and not forgetting some of the trauma they have fled in the first place.
Man its fucking pathetic reading some of the takes on here, when you consider how people went too mush on lockdown and having to binge watch netflix without a Big Mac.

10 Likes

You only say that shit because you aren’t the one dealing with them in your neighbourhood.

Jesus it’s you think people don’t do things for ulterior motives.

We can barely help our own yet you are quiet happy wasting 4-5mil on chancers and potential criminals because you are altruistic.

Yeah man. You just jeep promoting them good Christian values of yours.

1 Like

Oh please Christian values charity starts at home

There’s enough to go around. Plenty if we get some of that dodgy tax evasion money back in the country.0

I’ll always find it hilarious how children of immigrants are so massively opposed to letting migrants in the country.

Priti Patel, daughter of immigrant parents who themselves fled India to settle in Uganda before coming to the UK. She is literally a beneficiary of multiple border moves lol

I’m a child of immigrants and I wouldn’t dare begrudge people the opportunity to flee dire circumstances to try to find better opportunities for themselves and their families.

5 Likes

Much easier to pull the ladder up behind you.

Pretty despicable though.

8 Likes

Don’t lump my family with law breakers, if said this before my family came over legally, on a boat with identification, and didn’t come for hand outs.

Keep that bullshit to yourself

1 Like

I understand why lots of people don’t like migrants.

I just hate this whole song and dance not calling it what it is. People pretend their only issues are things like the legality or the use of a small boat, when what they really don’t want is Syrians and Iranians claiming asylum here, so they’ll invent all sorts of narratives to make it seem like a righteous position.

11 Likes

Fuck off you sensitive cunt. Nobody was even talking about you because I genuinely don’t care about the nonsense you spew all the time. You’re the person I least wish to engage with on the entire forum I didn’t even read your shitty posts when making mine. I’m talking about the lawmakers like Priti Patel who genuinely benefited from multiple instances of immigration.

The whole legality talk is bullshit. Someone fleeing something desperate isn’t going to be worried about the legality only about trying to find a better life somewhere else which everyone should be entitled to.

4 Likes

I think Priti Patel’s story is rather exceptional based on the forced exile from Uganda by that vile cunt Idi Amin.

To be in the position she’s in now in the UK is remarkable.

1 Like

This is true. She’s still a cunt though.

1 Like

Her family was forced to leave Uganda due to the disgusting government attitude and local attitude of Ugandans in the mid 60s towards Indians. Absolutely no doubt her family NEEDED to leave Uganda

She fled dire circumstances for a better life in the UK. Which is really no different to what migrants who leave corrupt, war torn, poverty ridden countries do. People just need to stop dressing this up as a ‘legality’ issue when it isn’t. Who actually cares if these people have the right papers the intentions are the same and all migrants should be given proper consideration.

1 Like