General News

So your saying Chomsky used the phrase “the Cathedral” in the same manner as @ryaninho used it?

Mind posting a source?

Someones gonna need a hug.

1 Like

What’s the point of that picture? Do you think it’s invalid to ask people to back up their point of view?

My source is my memory. I also remember Terence McKenna talking very similarly.

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument
Trolling on-line forums as described above is actually analogous to the fishing technique of “trolling”, where colorful baits and lures are pulled behind a slow moving boat, often with multiple fishing lines, covering a large bodies of water, such as a large lake or the ocean. The trolling lures attract unsuspecting fish, intriguing them with the way they move through the water, thus enticing these foolish fish to “take the bait”. Not unlike unsuspecting internet victims, once hooked, the fish are reeled in for the catch before they realize they have been duped by the Troll/Fisherman

Any chance you could just answer the question asked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any chance of you not being dumb and so obtuse?

1 Like

Ah the personal attacks. You’re so predictable.

2 Likes

He literally never answers questions lol

4 Likes

Not discounting your memory but there’s a difference between talking similarly and jargon used within an insular group to convey a broader attitude and sentiment.

For example, people question others intelligence quite often but only a specific online community (OA) will understand the broader meaning of the phrase “dirt pounder”.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s in Manufacturing Consent.

It must say something about the quality of your arguments if people ask you to back up what you say so often that you get pissed off enough to make such a shitty, text heavy meme about it lol.

6 Likes

Or that person just needs to learn to read :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Labor Party wins Aussie election, think @Aussiegooner won’t be too pleased

2 Likes

Nah not overly. Wasn’t a big fan of either of the major parties to be truthful, but yes certainly would have preferred the conservatives to win for sure.

Just need to the Greens with as little seats as possible though, don’t need far left woke agendas constantly being the forefront of discussion.

2 Likes

Yeah! Fuck the planet!

More so hard working decent income earners copping extra taxes for things like gender reassignment surgeries etc, that’s the sort of talk that really gets me going.

Is anyone really proposing that?

One of the minority parties was.