General News

For a moment I thought you’d just said ‘Imagine a french granny popping out her baguettes’. :wenger:

1 Like

BBC Scotland is a hive of cunts

Scum cunt far right embarrassments attack a demo for asylum seekers for no reason and these little did do a classic ‘both sides’.

Some low life who was present had been videoing the events and looks like it’s circulating online.

I can’t stand the thought of someone’s reaction to a person dying before their eyes being to pull a camera out and film it. Makes me sick to the bone.

2 Likes

What’s the best way to stop these terror attacks!?

As things currently stand there probably isn’t. Didn’t Sadiq Khan say a few years back something like, terrorism is part and parcel of living in a diverse, modern city. It’s a terrible statement to make because it sets such a low bar, but it’s essentially a factual one. So inevitably it will happen again and again and again.

The only real solution is to massively rethink immigration into the country. For one thing vetting of all who come in needs to be much better, monitoring of people needs to be better, people tossing away their papers shouldn’t be allowed in. As long as we refuse to do stuff like this, those that die are the collateral damage and will continue to be so.

And of course, it’s an Islam problem. The fact that this is even contentious is quite amazing. Personally I would make it very hard for people coming from Muslim countries to enter the UK, not because I want to be some massive dickhead, but because outcomes of allowing so many in are disastrous. The safety of our people ought to come before anything else. I’m in favour of kindness and support for people but I’m not in favour of being blind and stupid. It doesn’t matter if most that enter the UK are perfectly decent, because you need an actual methodology to stop those that aren’t, and a stricter immigration stance is the only methodology that can work.

And obviously we need to just completely rethink our foreign policy and just leave the middle east and Africa alone.

3 Likes

This statement kinda hit me. It’s modern day imperialism, just going through the back channels instead of openly. Lets say the US and the UK actually said, yeh its not right to get involved in the mid east and Africa. Countries like Russia and China would be all over it and in control of major resources. I mean, in a perfect world we’d find a cleaner energy source and not rely on destroying the middle east for their fossil fuels, and corporations wouldn’t be so greedy and in the pockets of politicians. The world is a sad messed up place.

3 Likes

Similar to US shooters issue, I’ve seen it suggested a more robust/comprehensive mental health service is the key to identifying individuals developing sociopathic/psychopathic tendencies before they sink to the level of mass murder

I’m not sure how effective that would be though

Yeah it’s a total lose lose isn’t it? If we involve ourselves in Africa and Middle East then we are murderous imperialists morally bound to open up our borders. If we don’t we allow much shitter countries to dominate the globe. I think I’m still in favour of non intervention overseas, we don’t need to control oil etc. we ought to be moving into new areas anyway.

Well it would help, but not all terrorists are mentally unwell. I’d do what you said and what I said.

1 Like

With Islam related terrorist incidents in the UK are most of the terrorists immigrants or British born?

Probably. Nothing we can do about errors in previous immigration policy. We can do something about the future though.

2 Likes

Considering the massive Russian intervention, I am surprised how few terrorist attack news you hear coming from Russia.

I am not entirely convinced that Islamic terrorism is completely an outcome of western influence in the region.

1 Like

They used to have a big problem with Chechen terrorism when that dispute was happening.

3 Likes

Will look it up.

Just to be clear. Buyako Saka would not be welcome in the UK because Nigeria is mostly Muslim (51%)? That is what you are saying.

Check out the Moscow theater hostage situation that happened in 2002, it’s an insane outcome.

1 Like

Our immigration policy is not determined by the needs of Arsenal FC lol. Besides, I said stricter, I didn’t say a ban. Also for anyone reading my posts, I don’t see any reason not to discriminate on issues like immigration. I’d happily be incredibly generous for Hong Kong people coming here for example.

2 Likes

But you’ve said that the only solution to Islamic terrorism is stricter immigration. If most Muslim terrorists are British born, stricter immigration won’t solve the problem, because we already have an existing British population of Muslims who will continue having kids.

Stricter immigration could stop the issue becoming worse, but it doesn’t do anything to stop British born people from committing acts of terrorism.

Exactly.

That’s probably all we can do. Along with better fund whatever we do to deradicalize those here and improve mental health provision.

1 Like

Definitely need to introduce more people into schools and colleges to deal with students being manipulated, i had a mate called Unil who suddenly turned from being the nicest guy to angry and always talking about Islam and sharing weird youtube videos on Facebook, dropped out of doing his a levels and moved to Birmingham by himself without telling his family and disappeared. We all told the college before he went that something doesn’t seem right.

Not saying he is now a terrorist but I assume this is how it happens.

My training partner from the gym had a long period of unemployment after college and kept getting more radicalised. Then he said he was ‘going on Jihad’. Never heard from him again. Top lad before that

2 Likes