General News

Dedication :smile:

3 Likes

Health and safety at work act 1974

Any baseball fans here that care to explain what just happened here? :joy: I donā€™t know the first thing about baseball, I listened to some interview with someone after the game and I still donā€™t get it, he threw the ball too high or something? Is this common? I guess he reacts to someone saying something? Looks hilarious though.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a bunch of unwritten rules in baseball. For example if a guy hits a homerun and then celebrates, kind of showing up the pitcher, the next time the guy is up at bat the pitcher will throw a ball at him as a revenge. Usually a fast ball in his back or butt. These two teams play eachother about 20 times a season they are in the same division, so when teams play that much thereā€™s a lot of tit for tat that goes on. So eventually there is a bench clearing brawl which looks like what happened here.

Yup just read up on it and this all started because a Pirates pitcher threw at a Reds hitter who hot dogged on a home run he hit off the same Pirates guy earlier in the year. This escalated from there.

On a funny note, Puig, #66 the big blonde Cuban guy, was already traded to Cleveland when this happened, they announced it after the game :joy::joy:

1 Like

The problem here is that two of the welsh parties didnā€™t participate as part of a strategy, or else conservatives would have won there.

Why is that a problem?

It will make no difference the outcome, and when comes to the general election they will compete for the seat again anyways.

If we had an election in the next couple months, how would you vote?

I will vote to up hold democracy.

Mhappy in not answering question shocker. :grin:

4 Likes

I know you didnā€™t ask me but if I could vote, Iā€™d vote Lib Dem

4 Likes

Thatā€™s the least surprising thing ever tbh haha

4 Likes

The Lib Dems are the last bastion for relatively inoffensive middle-class white guys haha

Lib Dems are the only thing to vote for, at least until Labour get rid of Corbyn and get Tom Watson to lead them.

3 Likes

Thats great ! England will be fit as feck in 10 years time !

Do the Lib Dems have any ideas beyond ā€˜stop Brexitā€™?

Yes. Their new leader wants to use your tax money to erect a statue of Margaret Thatcher, even though she hates her.

1 Like

Theyā€™d legalise weed too :slight_smile:

1 Like

They also have positive policies regarding nuclear and renewable energy