General News

8 Likes

Fucking hell

That looks like a blast!

That was pretty awesome but I did sadly feel like I spent most of that video just looking at the two metres of floor directly in front of the cyclist. I know he has bigger concerns than the filming, but lift your head a bit mate.

5 Likes
1 Like

Fundraiser for cyclist sued for hitting yoga teacher tops £50,000

Seth Jacobson

Yahoo News UK24 June 2019

Robert Hazeldean faces legal costs of up to £100,000
Robert Hazeldean faces legal costs of up to £100,000
More

A cyclist who was threatened with bankruptcy after being ordered by a court to pay up to £100,000 in legal fees to a woman who he had hit with his bike has spoken of his gratitude to people who have raised more than £51,000 to support him.

Robert Hazeldean collided with yoga teacher Gemma Brushett near London Bridge in July 2015. She had stepped out into the road and was looking at her phone, and despite Hazeldean sounding his bike horn, the pair were both knocked out when he hit her.

3 Likes

While we debate who is right between cyclist and idiot pedestrian, we are missing out on one question.

What kind of service do these lawyers provide that ends up incurring 100,000 pounds of legal fee?

It’s a closed shop and no one is allowed to question what they do, and that is why they can do what they like.

Vermin, scum, parasites, leeches, lawyers.
They’re all the same.

2 Likes

Since he was also injured, can’t he counter sue?

Again Denmark showing the pendulum is swinging the best way again!

Well done as per @Cristo and @LordBendtner

2 Likes

Left all the way baby !

1 Like

just putting it out there: left there might not mean what you think it means.

2 Likes

Yeah like 2/3 of our political parties that tend to rule are all centrist really and I’m never really particularly bothered whether it’s a “leftist” or “rightist” party that’s ruling because they’re all so moderate and fairly reasonable.

Oh well at least they don’t sound like mentalists

Nah he means that our biggest right leaning party is called “Venstre” which means Left in Danish but that’s because of a historical thing where they used to sit on the left side of parliament.

Venstre are centre-right and usually the biggest party in Denmark.

Obviously our centre right does not correlate with most other countries “right” leaning parties haha

But that’s not these guys is it?

1 Like

No no, these guys are the Social Democrats that are centre-left.

Denmark is almost always led by a coalition government led by either Venstre or the Social Democrats.

Always coalition governments mind you, no party is big enough to get enough mandates to rule on its own which is great if you ask me.

4 Likes

and then there’s the topic of immigration :gunnersaurus:

Its still a more leftish direction our nation will lean towards, if what they are saying comes to fruition.

More funds will be added to create an even stronger welfaresystem. Especially focused on added staff in our healthcare and childcare sector.

How good does that sound. FPTP needs to die everywhere.

1 Like