General News

Read where they state this happened so that votes could be obtained. Im sure this happened in the last 20 years - its not just Sikhs that suffer its other minorities too.

That is a riot between Muslims and Jats, two minorities.
So I don’t get your point.

Heck it doesn’t even include Sikhs.

If that’s the best you came up with, I rest my case.

The irony :rofl:

1 Like

Barack Obama being the president of the United States didn’t invalidate the arguments of people complaining about the treatment of black people.

I’m not saying that the two situations are identical, I don’t know anything about the treatment of Sikh people in Punjab, but your argument in this specific post doesn’t seem sound to me

2 Likes

Barack Obama was an individual.

Sikhs however have representation in every governing role in State as well as National Politics.

In current list of IPS officers listed in Punjab Police, There is significant representation by Sikhs.

http://www.punjabpolice.gov.in/PDFViwer.aspx?enc=WFo5b4QDVWRHx+1tizZkVZqdasLj+hWQIb55x0U+MqkHDh3EflADLP8sV03ZHAKf5EgJRk4q3cxyMZIqfM3bcF6tPaC2z6fq12FiVwQh/2qJZr+XpOE8iP/c5hkQan4Vy//XNeB0OE6VNTV9zcdnPbNkq4QZiEHJ/yTfpVXeY2ULLDZ6orkq8gIQYMMh9bij

Almost every chief minister of Punjab has been Sikh.

The current council of ministry of Punjab is filled 70% by Sikhs/Punjabis.
http://punjab.gov.in/council-of-ministers

India’s last PM was a Sikh.

If despite such a monopoly of representation of Sikhs in Punjab, Sikhs are mistreated then Sikhs failed their fellow Sikhs.

But you are missing the biggest point, it wasn’t Sikhs that killed their own it was the Government and those that hold onto political power for their private gain !? You have done nothing to explain otherwise !?

I am not defending or apologising for 1984. There were faults on both sides.

Im not just talking about 1984 im talking about things that are happening now in a country you say it doesn’t happen, can you explain why so many Sikhs are incarcerated in Indian jails on trumped up charges ? No you can’t, because your not Sikh and don’t live the issues that are happening to this day !?

Do we actually have any basis to what you are claiming? Any links to back that claim?

Hmmm why does this sound familiar :thinking:

2 Likes

Yea Googles your friend :rofl: study a bit !?

So you defend terrorist occupying Golden Temple?
So you defend assassination of a Prime Minister?

Or you can do that to ascertain your claim & shut me up

There were no terrorists in Harmindar Sahib, the Indian army had planned the attacks 2 years prior to them actually taking place - pre-meditated much, also why hasn’t the British Govt declared how much involvement they had in assisting India with its planning. As for arms etc study Sikhism you might learn something.

1 Like

Why do you need to be ‘shut up’ ??

And how did they predict that Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and co would be there?

Because its their home, you’ll find me there at some point :rofl:

He wasn’t actually there for religious purpose, was he?

I’ve not said that at all. Your “baseless” argument suggests conveniently suggests that the Delhi riots didn’t happen but the assasination of the PM did

The assassination happened and so did the riots