Gabriel Martinelli (11)

We’ll see if it actually shows up. If we sell him for .73 Ramsdales and manage to reinvest that money properly it would show me that we’re actually learning how to leverage the loan system.

Nope. Luck basically.

1 Like

Didn’t do much last season after the injury. Now he might come good. Just wish people would stop going overboard on him.
Basically he’s potentially decent but not convincing by a long way. Got till January to find some real form when opportunity comes for me. Otherwise your definitely looking at a loan out.

2 Likes

Arteta has mismanaged him. I’m convinced Arteta doesn’t like or trust a player like Martinelli. He’d rather have a jobber like Willian or drone like Xhaka.

3 Likes

Yeah to a degree you can argue that but he had games and didn’t do much.
Can’t just hide behind this anti Arteta stuff. It’s clear as day he’s nothing special yet.
Lots of energy but nobody even knows his best position yet.
He’s impact player at best so far.

9 Likes

January 2020:

Okay, all the injuries is really unfortunate but still.

3 Likes

Yeah I want to buy into the hype, mainly because there is a serious lack of forward talent out there, but have so far seen nothing from Martinelli to justify it. Aside from that goal against Chelsea, which wasn’t even that special, he really hasn’t done anything.

Whilst the squad is a bit of a mess there is definitely more to it than that, it will be really interesting to see what he does this season. Big for him to prove himself.

1 Like

It’s a big year for him tbh, if he stays healthy and can’t solidfy himself in our team then we’ll have to accept he’s unlikely to be what we hoped when he burst onto the scene.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Treated badly they said, starts the first game

1 Like

Arteta obviously just starting the young’uns to save himself from persecution.

1 Like

Visionary

2 Likes

Got a start but sadly didn’t make the most of it, pretty ordinary night for him.

2 Likes

He needs a loan

1 Like

Its all a chain reaction. Team is built around Xhaka, Xhaka gives us nothing in the middle of the pitch defensively so the wings have to constantly track back and defend. He’s being instructed to play like Auba. Hug the touch line ect. Plenty of times he could have been on the end of crosses if he’d been given more freedom and we had a better tactical system in place.

3 Likes

It’s the least of our worry admittedly but this guy is never leading the line for us, simple as that to be honest. Living off that Chelsea goal

3 Likes

@Stroller Prophecy strikes again?

Just very raw this kid. Needs a totally different set up to ours that’s for certain.

3 Likes

Another injury

He’ll be okay.

Needs a goal or assist. He’s really struggling with form.