Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Another injury

Heā€™ll be okay.

Needs a goal or assist. Heā€™s really struggling with form.

Decent player, massive potential, needs a manager to really help him, has to work with Magic Mikel, so unfortunately, at the moment, will only go downhillā€¦
Stick this guy in Citys squad, under Pep, and in 2 years time, he is worth over 100 millionā€¦
Under our guyā€¦errrrrmmm, maybe a bag of kola kubesā€¦

Stick him in cityā€™s squad and heā€™s playing under 23s nowhere near 18 man match day squads lol.

10 Likes

Yeh Iā€™m coming around to this way of thinking, not at this level yet, and itā€™s not even close.

1 Like

Think you are doing him a disservice, he WAS a great talent when we got himā€¦Why has he gone downhill? injuries have not helped, but Magic Mikel has been his biggest cock upā€¦As I say, under Pep at City, or Klopp at Pool, in two years time, every club in the world would want himā€¦Under our guy, even our fans donā€™t want himā€¦

Classic case of regression.

Probably wonā€™t make it here

5 Likes

Nketiah > Martinelli

Regressed

1 Like

Feel itā€™s more a case of we all thought he was actually better than he was.

4 Likes

That injury ruined fucked his speed and stamina up. He used to be sprinting around for 90 minutes.

Hard to criticise an attacking player like him when we have a manager with no plan of how to progress the ball

2 Likes

Donā€™t see any of that drive and pressing heā€™s famous for. No shouting for the ball or making his presence felt in any way.

I know itā€™s hard to get the ball or chances in this team but at least be desperate.

Not seeing the same energy.

god i cant stand seeing players bombing forward for someone like xhaka dwelling on the ball too long until the chance to break through is gone or pass backwards when someone could have broken the defense.

1 Like

I saw it a few times, but it just wasnā€™t effective use of his energy. When Gabi did receive the ball, it just bounced off him. No shots, 3 passes completed. 79 mins of cardio.

1 Like

Yeah this guyā€™s a dud

Maybe any is harsh but I do see a noticeable drop off to his energy and demanding the ball at least.

Martinelli when he plays up top.

The difference when Auba came on was so clear.

He was a 8 million punt. He was better than your Boy Pepe who did not move off the ball at all . MY boy Saka had his worst game in a Arsenal shirt as well. But the kid needs to be loaned out in January. Because Arteta has made Gabriel Martinelli worse btw. Arrest his not the right coach for all the attacking players at the club.
Under emery as a CF he had like 9 goal contributions in 12 apps. Now Arteta has convinced this guilable fanbase heā€™s being converted to a CF, injuries have not help as well.

1 Like

Did Gabi have a single positive contribution today?

No CF at the club has looked good playing in the middle of the horseshoe of crap football. Of course this kid is going to look like shit playing there and learning the position at the same time.

1 Like