Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

A goal scoring machine in his prime and still in great condition. Nothing short of 80m. Would be more of he had longer left on his contract.

Not to mention there is a lack of genuine goalacorers readily available. We should try our best to keep Auba.

6 Likes

SSN getting desperate to keep Transfer Deadline Day relevent :grimacing::rofl:

Yeah, but Barça isn’t offering £80m, they’re interested in Malen and Lautaro but can’t do those deals cause they don’t have the money. Auba would be them trying to pick him off us on the cheap. Probably offering like £20m in installments until 2026, which they won’t pay on time :rofl:

1 Like

Arsenal ain’t selling Auba this late, are they mad? :rofl::sweat_smile::joy:

For 80m I would sell him and let Martinelli bang in the goals.

1 Like

You lot are going to be mighty disappointed when Martinelli barely breaks 10 league goals (at a stretch) then next season lol

3 Likes

i think you are selling him massively short with that viewpoint he is new to the league and settling in to a new club and he has already done better than that when he hasnt even been starting that regularly.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s selling him short, you have to safeguard against the chance Martinelli’s second season might not be so hot.

The transition really writes itself, couple more seasons out of Aubameyang which is plentiful time to make sure Martinelli is the real deal and more so ready to take the mantle as the main man up front.

2 Likes

He’s done very well but nothing suggest the levels of elitism being showered on him yet.
Personally a bit disappointed he never scored last night tbh. Thought it was the sort of fodder he would have taken advantage of.
Exciting prospect but a bit of perspective needs to be used by some in the fanbase.

5 Likes

I am not wanting him to lead the line it is a bad idea but at the same time i dont think he will regress as such either

1 Like

Fair comment.

I don’t think it’s selling him massively short to say he won’t score more than 10 league goals next season.

Young players often play with a degree of fearlessness and stuff eagerness to impose them self on the game. They look mighty impressive because of their age, drive and determination but can often stagnate over the coming seasons when it comes time to develop into a better player.

I’m impressed with his start, but I don’t quite see an elite talent that others see. What I see is an impressive young player who has the potential to improve over the coming years and maybe his ceiling is really high, maybe it isn’t. We’ll see.

1 Like

Kid is going to be a special talent, I have no doubt in my mind. He has that X factor you just can’t teach.

3 Likes

Exactly this.

Anyone would think Martinelli is the new Anelka.

1 Like

you’re right, he’s actually got better numbers so far than Anelka ever did for us.

now what :giroud3:

1 Like

Lol- if I was a betting man, I’d probably say Martinelli will never be as good as Anelka

Well he’s not winning the double in his first season. So that separates them a bit.

1 Like

Think you’ll find that’s called the hunger index :wenger2:

5 Likes

What do we think lads? Is he starting on Tuesday? In whose place? Straight in for Laca?

Gonna be Auba-Laca-Pepe

Martinelli needs to be kept hungry for now