Gabriel Martinelli (11)

1 Like
6 Likes

Good news if true. Now do Saka and Saliba.

Is Saka anywhere on the priority list here.

1 Like

Another increase?

1 Like

They probably forgot about him. If we both send edu@arsenal.com a mail about it he might remember it.

4 Likes

You mean you havent yet.

2 Likes

Deseeved.The kid is a Brazilian international and arguably our biggest sellable asset.

1 Like

Maybe Edu has received enquiries about him.

Iā€™d be interested to hear the argument that says heā€™s a bigger asset than Saka. Maybe if Martinelli starts scoring goals and making assists regularly, but not sure about that until then.

9 Likes

Saka is by far our biggest asset at the club.

1 Like

He did say ā€œsellable assetā€ so im assuming that is implying Saka is not sellable or at least significantly less likely to be sold.

1 Like

I also think Saka is our biggest assets. 80m market value? Or maybe I have British bias. After being lauded by El phenom, Ronaldinho, Klopp and others what is the market value of Martinelli? 60? An impressive world Cup showing boosts that further.

I donā€™t care who is more valuable. Both play for us.

I did say arguably as well and only 1 name came back as a rebuttal so it wasnā€™t a wild statement.

1 Like

Does this make him a starter next season again then?
If so if we are looking at Raphinha that would suggest what for Saka?

He has to be very close or he wouldnā€™t have signed that new deal. I would argue Saka is our Foden at City - heā€™s going to play most games in whichever position the manager decides suits the game. Martinelli would probably be equivalent to Sterling in that he will start certain games but not others. I suppose that would have made Raphinha Mahrez.

I would say ESR is Grealish, but he scores more.

Iā€™d say all it mean is we lack quality depth on RW tbh.

I donā€™t think the Raphinha was a power play from the club in respect of contract talks.

Iā€™m fine with Gabi as the starter if an elite player isnā€™t going to be signed

For me his numbers arenā€™t good enough for starting.
Iā€™m not even sure what his position is tbh. Important squad member but not a starter.

2 Likes

I get that but if you accept that this is a long term project based on the development of U25 players then you have to invest time in the development of players like Martinelli whilst their production is still a work in progress.

I think Arteta likes him on LW but then again he was willing to sign Raphinha who would have cut his high level mins and starts so who knows

1 Like

Considering last year was Martinelliā€™ first year as an almost starter. His numbers are fine.

I genuinely felt he was our most dangerous players last year. Iā€™d be very confident of Martinelli scoring 10 and assisting at least 5 assists in the league as a starter.

The problem I have though is we need another option on the left. I prefer ESR on the right or central, so would like a creative option to rotate with Martinelli. Like a Hazard style player but obviously not that fat prick.

Love this.

6 Likes